help me get to 150

if you could only get 146 out of previous set up, i think you need to play around with diff. boxes & maybe consider upgradeing electrical. with previous system you should have been able to do 150 on music w/ proper electrical & box. you also may have some cancellation issues with the car. do you have the car properly deadened?
i dont have any deadening at all, was hoping i could get by without it as long as possible, then whenever i decided to add it, it would just make it that much better, maybe it was because i had the port forward, maybe that just doesnt work to well in my car, when i had it rear facing it would have about 3-4" clearance from the tailgate, and it made the tailgate flex the most ive ever seen in a vehicle, i was doing hairtricks at about 21-22hz, when i flipped it i lost so much low frequency extension, up to about 28hz, but i did it because it sounded better at lower volumes.

oh I didnt realize that you were running port forward. That could have def. killed your numbers. Just try to get some more space between the port and hatch. Should be easier with the 2 15"s

Throw some deadening in the back hatch too, maybe some spray foam if able

if you could only get 146 out of previous set up, i think you need to play around with diff. boxes & maybe consider upgradeing electrical. with previous system you should have been able to do 150 on music w/ proper electrical & box. you also may have some cancellation issues with the car. do you have the car properly deadened?
x2... seems like the other setup had more potential except the fact of space limitation

your power don't mean sheit unless your car can deliver it safely.. if at all

. There's probably not many people on here breakin a 150 on stock electrical, with addition of extra battery.
I've done it in other people's cars, but don't recommend it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

x2... seems like the other setup had more potential except the fact of space limitation
your power don't mean sheit unless your car can deliver it safely.. if at all
ok assuming im not powering those amps properly, if i was able to would the extra 1000 watts or so be all i needed to get to 150? i doubt im starving those amps that badly

ok assuming im not powering those amps properly, if i was able to would the extra 1000 watts or so be all i needed to get to 150? i doubt im starving those amps that badly
You're wrong. If an amp is rated at 14.4v and you're giving it 11v you can probably cut your expected wattage about 40%, possibly more. I can't remember the real world numbers I've read on here but the drop is significant.

with week electrical set up some amps just don't do it. but then when you beef up the electrical they come alive. also when burping some amps will drop far below 1ohm. that is how i get so much power out of my 40.1s. i run them at .3 ohms. you cannot run them daily at that but for burps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.