help me get to 150

and you can use those concrete forms (sonotubes) for ports. They usually come in 8", 10", and 12" diameters. I have used them with good results. Plus they are cheap
i could do that but im wondering if an equal flare on a much larger square port would be better

If you have enough port area the flare will just be icing on the cake. It is doubtful that you'd hear a difference between a regular or rounded over port. The flares have gained favor because you can often get away with less port area without port noise/etc.

DD recomends tuning around 40hz from what I recall. You will still be able to hit the low notes, but do better on the meter and higher notes.

If you have enough port area the flare will just be icing on the cake. It is doubtful that you'd hear a difference between a regular or rounded over port. The flares have gained favor because you can often get away with less port area without port noise/etc.
DD recomends tuning around 40hz from what I recall. You will still be able to hit the low notes, but do better on the meter and higher notes.
ok cool, and what about port placement, is there any area whether driver or passenger side (subs on opposite end) that seems to work well, or just dead center?

most people put the port on the opposite side as the meter from what I recall. But thats if you are just going for numbers. For daily it probably wont matter too much.

If it were me I would put the subs on opposite sides and the port in the middle, just for symmetry and asthetics.

stock 135 amp alt, no big 3 and 2 deka batteries in the back, battery light never comes on, even full tilt, like it used to when i had my visonik v4000xd, my electrical could use some upgrades though
i would say, 4000w isnt nice on electrical, have you put a dmm on it and see what its dropping to at full tilt? The amps are rated at 14v, i would bet you are not getting all out of your amps.

i would say, 4000w isnt nice on electrical, have you put a dmm on it and see what its dropping to at full tilt? The amps are rated at 14v, i would bet you are not getting all out of your amps.
i actually dont even get 14v ever, its pretty much always around 13.8, never saw what it dropped to but i dont think much below 12, battery light comes on around 10.5, and that hasnt happend since the amp swap, i prolly get around 14-1500 out of each amp

so you're runnin 4K, on stock electrical, with 2 batts, and no big 3.... Dude, with the equip you have, you have to do it right, or you can't expect great results. There's probably not many people on here breakin a 150 on stock electrical, with addition of extra battery.

For the port... try out a 10 or 12" sonotube... I used an 8" with my HDC318, and I loved it!

Also trying to break 150 or even hit it tuned @30-32Hz is REALLY hard in the first place. Should have tuned higher before you got rid of it.

3rd: are you trying to hit 150 on a tone, or with a daily driver setup? I'm currently tuned to 40hz daily, and honeslty, I love it... I like the sound of higher frequency bass than lower. I like the eye rattling bass more than the door flexing bass.

I currently have a 8.2cu. ft box with 3x 6" ports which = 1x 10" sonotube.. (had I know at the time) for the 2x 15's im currently running.

so you're runnin 4K, on stock electrical, with 2 batts, and no big 3.... Dude, with the equip you have, you have to do it right, or you can't expect great results. There's probably not many people on here breakin a 150 on stock electrical, with addition of extra battery.
For the port... try out a 10 or 12" sonotube... I used an 8" with my HDC318, and I loved it!

Also trying to break 150 or even hit it tuned @30-32Hz is REALLY hard in the first place. Should have tuned higher before you got rid of it.

3rd: are you trying to hit 150 on a tone, or with a daily driver setup? I'm currently tuned to 40hz daily, and honeslty, I love it... I like the sound of higher frequency bass than lower. I like the eye rattling bass more than the door flexing bass.

I currently have a 8.2cu. ft box with 3x 6" ports which = 1x 10" sonotube.. (had I know at the time) for the 2x 15's im currently running.
well id like to do 150 tuned to 40 on music, but ill settle for burping a single tone to get 150 but i just wanna be able to do it with my daily setup

if you could only get 146 out of previous set up, i think you need to play around with diff. boxes & maybe consider upgradeing electrical. with previous system you should have been able to do 150 on music w/ proper electrical & box. you also may have some cancellation issues with the car. do you have the car properly deadened?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.