Help me get loud?

KTMrida4life
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So heres my current setup

3 SA 8s on a SAZ 3k wired to .67. Subs back, port back, slot port 2.25" x 11.25". Box is tuned to 33hz.

It did a 138.5 on the meter 41 hz, which is my peak. 2 months ago when I did this build it was loud at first, now Ive gotten used to it and want way louder.

Heres the box dimensions I have to work with. I will double check these today. These ARE INSIDE THE MDF dimensions.. meaning I have accounted for material thickness with these specs. I will double check these measurements tonight though in my trunk. This also will leave about 4-5" of room between the trunk and the left side of the box for a side firing port. The 12.5" depth does NOT leave room for rear firing subs as I am considering doing sub up port side.

trunkdimensionss.jpg

This is roughly 4.5cuft.

388263_10151129193345720_567885719_22169012_36115468_n.jpg

This my trunk right now.

With this air space, and trunk.. if I want to get as loud as possible off the same power (SAZ 3k) what is my best option?

6 SA 8s, or 2 beastly 12s like nightshades?

Need help here. I want to do a 145+ :confused1:

Keep the 8's, buy some aero's. Have you checked your backseat to see if it has that thick black insulation mat? I removed that from a car once and gained almost 3 full db=**** got loud
I dont think the backseat does, but I have seen it in other places in the car. Mainly the floorboard.

Can anyone chime in with the black factory sound deadening mat idea? I have one of those, but havent thought about removing it. Its right behind the rear seats in between them and the metal

You must be getting some crazy box rise with those, thats the same score I got with an amp thats 1/3 of the SAZ3k with a leaky box and voltage dropping to mid 11s and on music. I'm with Kangaroux on walling off the trunk, its the only way you will get the most out of your next setup.

Im fine with walling off the trunk, I just dont have the know how to do it and really am not sure what your talking about. I would just wall off my back seats, but I have to keep the space for people to ride with me.

Im considering just finding a local box builder and having him do it.

Also guys.. I found a blown Sundown nightshade 12" basket/motor for 100 bucks. Good deal or no??? I might run 2 of those instead of the SA 8s. What does everyone think?

You can get plenty loud with those 8's. Your box is way too big now. If you decide to stick with the 8's hit me up for a design that will get loud.
1.8 is too big? What do you recommend? .5 each?

I'm considering running 2 NS 12s. That would be plentyyyy loud. Whats your opinion on that?

2 NS 12's would be nasty, but I would consider doing Z's instead. The nightshades can take some abuse and you won't get the most out of them off a 3k

1.8 is wayyy too big for an sa8.... They should be in about .5-.7ft^3 net.... Trunks are not the best for getting loud but it has been done.... I would say try a smaller box for the 3 8's.... give it plenty of port and a fairly high tuning if you just want to burp high... IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.