Help me design my new build

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
Hola friends, long time no see.

Disclaimer to anyone who may try to sell me something right now, I am not looking to buy right now unless its something so amazingly great I can't pass it up. I'm looking to slowly build this over the next 6 months. Mostly because I'm having shoulder surgery in December, so lifting subs will be a no-no until Feb/March. I plan doing a lot of my purchases over the holiday season(s) to grab cheapest possible.

I haven't really thought of my overall budget, but rather part by part.

Now for my questions/discussion:

1.) Mike dyno'd my alt at 284 Amps hot (305 Burst) and I can fit a nice G31/27 under the hood. How much power in your opinion do you think I could safely run provided I got an appropriate battery bank with it. *I'd even considered supercaps

2.)I was planning on keeping my front stage/amp on my under the hood battery and doing atleast 2 runs of 0 Gauge or 1/0 or 2/0 to the bed of my truck. Obviously this will be adjusted according to overall power. On this note, if anyone has done this before (putting a battery bank in the bed of their truck) PM me/post pictures so I can get some more ideas on the best way to do it. I've got a plan that will work, just curious if anything else is better.

3.) My current subs are firing up with the port next to the rear passenger door. Would you recommend keeping that positioning? I thought about putting the port firing towards the windshield and placing the box where the port is in line with my console. OBviously this will be a highly opinionated thing, but what personal experiences with different placements.

Now for my parts:

A.) HU: Some touchscreen >$500 with 4 volt+ preouts. Wouldn't even need 3 preouts, although it will likely have it at that price range. I would like BT as well, but again, that should be built in. Don't need steering controls. Don't really need help here, but rather personal experience with misc headunits.

B.) Subs: 2x 15" (12" if I can't fit 2 15s) preferably $600ish a piece. I have SA-12s right now tuned to 32hz and I am rather satisfied with that tuning. It handles 40s decent enough and really shines in the 25-35hz range. So I'm open to suggestions (provided they're in my power limit) on subs that really shine in that 25-35 range.

C.) Amp: $1000ish. That is a big -ISH too. I know I'm fucked here if I go cheap, so its whatever really... I will likely have to get pretty fancy with amp placement if I go with 2 15" subs, but I'll cross that bridge when needed.

D.) Batteries: Dependent on power. I can get a few XS Power or equivalent OR I can get $100 Dekas LNIB everyday here locally.

Now I guess I'm trying to figure out if I can do 15s or not. My current box is double baffled at 24" tall x 16" deep x 34" long not accounting for wood thickness. I'll get more accurate measurements this weekend, but I know I can go at least 30 x 20 x 50 (Tall x Depth x Length).

Any other advice feel free.

What kinda shoulder surgery you having? I just had 5 repairs done along with rotator cuff and they told me minimum 6 months rehab. Hurts like a motha.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What kinda shoulder surgery you having? I just had 5 repairs done along with rotator cuff and they told me minimum 6 months rehab. Hurts like a motha.....
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I've already had a complete reconstruction (labrum, rotator cuff, capsule, etc.) on my right shoulder. This time its a simple labrum and bicep tendon repair. Should be easy breezy comparatively speaking. Rehab on any shoulder injury is a *****. But it gives me plenty of time to plan and save for this build. I can use box building as rehab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I can help with ideas and picks. My z71 has batteries and caps in the bed and 2. 18s in a 4th nowall in the truck wires ran under the truck to
I thought you had that, I was actually planning on picking you brain in the coming weeks. But yea, email, pm, text, etc pictures. Isn't your z71 a full size 4 door? I'm working with an access cab. If I can do 2 18s without a wall then hell yea lets roll with it.

I've already had a complete reconstruction (labrum, rotator cuff, capsule, etc.) on my right shoulder. This time its a simple labrum and bicep tendon repair. Should be easy breezy comparatively speaking. Rehab on any shoulder injury is a *****. But it gives me plenty of time to plan and save for this build. I can use box building as rehab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I thought you had that, I was actually planning on picking you brain in the coming weeks. But yea, email, pm, text, etc pictures. Isn't your z71 a full size 4 door? I'm working with an access cab. If I can do 2 18s without a wall then hell yea lets roll with it.
3. Door extra cab 650-483-4312. My number

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.