Kind of Old school new build - How am I doing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brewkett

I've been in and out of car stereo since my High School days, I've in the past owned Kicker equpment, AudioArt, Alpine, Diamond Audio, Eclipse and SoundStream. Mix of head units, amps and speakers and subwoofers.

I have a Lexus IS300 thats in need of help in the stereo dept,

Trying to use what I already have

Alpine CDA-9830 headunit

Rockford Punch 400x4 Trans-ana

Rockford Punch 200ix

Rockford Punch 40ix (non working, but repairable, probably will not use)

Polk DB6501 6.5" componets

Polk DB691 6x9"

subwoofer----not decided yet

may do a little sound deading to the doors and rear package tray

goal is to have a nice sounding setup, not looking to bounce quarters off the roof, or win any sound compitions.

I'm looking to use a single 12" sub in a sealed box playing though the sky pass on the rear seat.

I have between 1.4 and .5 cf to play with as the box isnt built yet. Havent decided on what sub yet, any ideas?

Second Question - Would I benifit adding a Symmetry EPX2 to the system, or would I be wasting my money and time trying to find one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.