Help me design door pods.

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Sep 22, 2013
Western Oregon
So basically I am gonna do my best to imitate the Mercedes mid bass pods.

Mercedes Midbass Enclosures - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Im kinda looking at where i want to cut and what would easiest to wrap with Vinyl(because im terrible at finishing fiberglass aesthetically).

Thats the inside of the door.

Couple ideas im coming up with. With the first two pics. Im pretty sure id have enough room for an 8''. In the last 2, i feel like there is enough room for a 10''. Were talking fully sealed.

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 23, 2015
Midland mi
Tuned in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif just did my first ones and wayyy under estimated the process. All I can say is less is more on bondo lol

OP
The Camry

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Sep 22, 2013
Western Oregon
Tuned in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif just did my first ones and wayyy under estimated the process. All I can say is less is more on bondo lol
Got any pics?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

CSCStang

Enclosurist
Mar 24, 2014
OC, Ca
Got any pics?
I just did these on an 08 Avalanche. The midbass is fully sealed up utilizing the whole door cavity. All made with layers of mdf and ccf to seal it up. I used sheet metal to fill the large open door panel areas lined with deadener and screwed down so you can still access the power motor if needed. Finished the pods off with 4 way stretch vinyl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Papermaker85

Banned
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
I just did these on an 08 Avalanche. The midbass is fully sealed up utilizing the whole door cavity. All made with layers of mdf and ccf to seal it up. I used sheet metal to fill the large open door panel areas lined with deadener and screwed down so you can still access the power motor if needed. Finished the pods off with 4 way stretch vinyl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Awesome brother. Top notch work. I wish I could hear it. I bet it's ******* awesome

OP
The Camry

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Sep 22, 2013
Western Oregon
1st is door cut. 2nd is pic of the year car as mine woth the same doorbpanels and what they pulled off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds