Ideas to fulfill my nerd fantasy

js_sol

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who at one point had a fantasy to have a car interior like that of the Batmobile, truck from Tango and Cash (obscure reference), Knight Rider, or any other fantasy vehicle with lots of lights, buttons, and switches.

I was hoping by my current age of 34, I would have lost interest, but it's still something I want to do. So, here's my project and I am inviting any recommendations out there.

Simply put, I want to add indicator lights, buttons, switches, etc... to my dash. Ideally, as far as the buttons are concerned, I'd like them to provide some level of function, even if I have to install some under dash lighting, or what not.

I would love to start my vehicle and have various lights flicker as if my "missle systems" are coming online for example. Or simply have a few added buttons here and there that like I said, could control additional lights, or even serve some other function.

I'm not seeking a how-to, just ideas for this dorky nerd project of mine - although feel free to suggest sources to obtain said lights, buttons, etc...Links to similar projects are welcome!

TL:DR - I want to add extra buttons, lights, and switches to my dash. What are some functional things (such as underdash lights) that I could install.

PS: 2000 Toyota Tacoma - the "retro" look is fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

js_sol

js_sol
Boise, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
js_sol