Help me choose subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

donmcgowen

I'm building a system for an f150 supercrew. Im trying to decide between 10s or 8s. I like the idea of using 8s but my concern is most of them are only rated to 250w rms so 750w rms power doesn't seem like much.

My plan was to use something like a Kicker 2000w rms mono amp with something like two 10" JL w7s. But if I used this amp with 8" subs it would have way too much power.

So my question is are there subs I can used with a 2000rms amp? Or, would three 8s with a smaller 1000w rms amp be more then enough for subs.

Have you already chosen the enclosure manufacturer? Fox acoustics? He offers 1 single 10” and dual 10” vented. Also offers 10”-8” adapters, find some decent 8s that fit depth wise and that’d give them 2.05cf total minus displacement

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.