Help me choose my subwoofer

raider89
10+ year member

OH
I have another thread in General but figured Id bring this specific topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/634887-good-setup.html#post8927529

My budget is a little more flexible than my recent $150 for a single 10 or 12.

But im wanting to add more boom to the trunk when im in the mood to just feel my bones shake.

Current choice was a 12 Dayton Audio HO in a small sealed enclosure on 600 RMS 2OHM.

Was thinking going with 2 10 inch type r's and a JBL GTR-1001 amp.

Im previous experience with subs are limited brand wise.

Im going to be running 1/0 wire OFC, on stock battery and alternator in which I think 1400rms is pushing it on 130 amp alternator.

Im leaning more towards a $300 budget for the sUb and $200 for the amp, also if my previous option you think is good enough Ill take that answer also.

I will be using a 400 rms amp for my fronts and rears.

Im going to be running 1/0 wire OFC, on stock battery and alternator in which I think 1400rms is pushing it on 130 amp alternator.
Im leaning more towards a $300 budget for the sUb and $200 for the amp, also if my previous option you think is good enough Ill take that answer also..

dirty double poster juuuuuust kidding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so, what youre saying is $500 budget on low freq's. The reason im paraphrasing you like this because you have a bit more hardware to consider for your low end. Power distro for your 1/0 run from your batt, ground distro, a few more feet of + and - wire, RCA's, speaker wire, A BOX!!!

whats your budget for all that now that we are considering everything youre gonna need? Still $500? if so, thats fine, just needed to get you on the right path equipment-wise

dirty double poster juuuuuust kidding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
so, what youre saying is $500 budget on low freq's. The reason im paraphrasing you like this because you have a bit more hardware to consider for your low end. Power distro for your 1/0 run from your batt, ground distro, a few more feet of + and - wire, RCA's, speaker wire, A BOX!!!

whats your budget for all that now that we are considering everything youre gonna need? Still $500? if so, thats fine, just needed to get you on the right path equipment-wise
Bahahah you do call me out everytime lol.

$500 is my budget just for the sub and amp, everything else I can take care of.

I used to have a Kicker: L7 04S12L7 in a single sealed box pretty small powered by a Audiobahn A1801T and it slammed pretty good really suprised me, if that gives any idea of what I consider loud/deep.

Bahahah you do call me out everytime lol.
$500 is my budget just for the sub and amp, everything else I can take care of.

I used to have a Kicker: L7 04S12L7 in a single sealed box pretty small powered by a Audiobahn A1801T and it slammed pretty good really suprised me, if that gives any idea of what I consider loud/deep.
get 1 fu 750 or fi alpha or ab xfl ported on 1k it'll be pretty loud when u want it my 750 is destroying my trunk.. other option is just get 2 daytons with more power.. Alpha Series - Alpha v2 12 | Fi Car Audio FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

**** I am really digging the Cab and AB XFL, and that amp is hella nice for that price. I take it the CAB Ultra does good wired 2 ohms on that amp. Im going to do some more research on these 2 subs and see what I can figure out.

**** I am really digging the Cab and AB XFL, and that amp is hella nice for that price. I take it the CAB Ultra does good wired 2 ohms on that amp. Im going to do some more research on these 2 subs and see what I can figure out.
the CAB 1600 is the darling of the forum. There are some others recently released that make similar power for similar prices, but this one is in many of the fellas rides around here. Its also been tested by BigDWiz (he has a youtube channel where he tests amps for wattage on a D'Amore amp dyno) and it does a lot more than rated power

Here is my current build list, does anyone see anything here to help lower the overall cost closer to $1000, the before build I was around $850.

AVH-X491BHS - 219.98 - Headunit

Infinity Reference 704A - $129.99 - Front Amplifier

JBL GTO Series GTO609C - $90 - Front Door Speakers

JBL Stage 602 - $45 - Rear Door Speakers

CAB ULTRA 12 - $199.99 - Single Subwoofer

CAB 1600.1 - $199.99 - Amplifier for Subwoofer

Enclosure - $150 - Single Custom Ported 2 Cu. Ft. 32Hz

Sound Damping Material Bulk Pack - $99 - Doors and Trunk Deadening

Sundown Audio 1/0 AMP KIT - $109.99 - Main Wiring (Have all the other wiring needed) = $1250.00

I know I can probably ditch the rear speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.