Help me choose my setup!

Ideally if I can get a full setup for around $3000CAD that is great quality all around I would consider doing the install myself... I'm confident in installing everything except for the wiring .

And MUCH better gear. If you want good SQ with a good blend of SPL, i would definitley do ID over Sundowns imo. I ran sundowns and loved em, but the bass is a bit muddy for me and not as clear as i wouldve liked. They're plenty loud tho, for sure.
Not sure why you quoted me?

Idk I cleaned the mud off mine sounds fine now.

What model are you referring to or did you try all of them?  

I don't have anything against id hell I'd try one if the opportunity presented itself but there's a few that I could say that about. Just curious since it was kind of a general statement 

Sorry i did not see that i quoted you lol. But when i first started getting into it i had a cheapo pair of e10s and i liked them at first and then i had one u12. I just felt like they were a little too overpowering for me. But those are the only sundown products I've owned. I like my ID because it blends very nicely with my system and still has sufficient spl for me. I also got it on a good deal from a dealer in Oregon for less cash than the U12 which was a big factor also.

So I have two different installers trying to sell me on two different set ups.

Music is important to me but I'm not looking to have the best system. I do enjoy bass in my music as well as clarity in vocals. 

Here are the two setups being offer, there is a $1000 difference between the two options please tell me what you think is the best route to go...

Kenwood DDX-6906S Headunit

Audison SR5. Amp

Audison Prima/Voce. Speakers

Alpine type S. 10inch Subwoofer

3M Speaker foam deadening 

$4400

Or

PC165 focal speakers all around
JBL CP110 sub
Kenwood XR901-5 Amplifier
Kenwood DDX-6906S Headunit
$3400

This is too expensive man...

So I should just say f**k the installers and attempt to install myself?
Or say screw their products, buy your own online and pay them JUST for the install like someone mentioned earlier. If you feel comfortable enough to spec out your own box i would do that too, it could save a good chunk as well. Do not let them talk you into a prefab box. You could have the best sub in the word and slap it in a prefab and would probably sound shitty.

You can definitely do better. Alpine and Fosgate are reliable and fair priced. ID, Hertz, Arc and HAT are really awesome but you will pay more. 
Yes for sure, but i find most times dealers of the products will usually give you a better price if you buy through them. Depending on your relationship with your preferred dealer you could get great deals. The Alpine PXE 0850S dsp is an amzing dsp but costs $629.99 on crutchfield. But my relationship with an Arc dealer, we'll just say he can best that for the PS8 which retails online at $799.00. I would say a lot of arc dealers would even come down near alpine price range for maybe $50.00-$60.00 more for a bit more dsp. A Rockford amp for a sub is anywhere from $1,600.00 on down. Arc has an X2 2500.1 you could get for about $1,100 or an 1100.1 for around $600.00 and both prices could be beaten at dealers. My preference on amps would be Robert Zeff's Arc amps. Just kind of depends on your resources i guess and how much you want to spend downwards of your limit or upwards.

I ended up going a little cheaper, spent $2500 on supplies and labour .

PC165 focal speakers all aroundJBL Stadium 1024 10 inch subwoofer (sounds much better then I anticipated)Kenwood XR901-5 AmplifierKenwood DDX-6906S Headunit

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret not getting the idatalink maestro RR module to have control over performance readings off the obd and have been thinking about adding it ever since... Does anyone have this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.