Buying equipment on Ebay

Participant count
  • Participant list

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
DFW
I am putting together a system for my 2015 Mustang.  As with many folks, the first piece of the puzzle is the head unit.  Installing a a head unit in my car requires basically the whole center part of the dash to be replaced.  I've decided on the following equipment. 

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142FD05B/Scosche-ITCFD05B-Dash-and-Wiring-Kit-Black.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DM1500/Pioneer-DMH-1500NEX.html?search=1500nex&skipvs=T

I was planning on ordering both from Crutchfield because they offer a pretty significant discount on the installation equipment.  Plus, I like the idea of buying from an established company.  But, I've found that I get can both items on eBay and save myself another $70, which would cover the cost of one of my amps.  But, I am slightly concerned about the level of support from an eBay seller.  My concern is mostly with the Scosche unit.  The is the 2nd version of the while I haven't heard of any issues with this, I have read of several problems with the first version.  So, I'm just curious how y'all feel about buying on eBay.  Is the peace of mind of dealing with a known company worth the extra $70?

ebay is fine most of the times but if you ever have any issue, RMA is a pain in the ass.  

crutchfield gives pretty damn nice feeling of safety and comfort though. 

You can always put off on buying the amp and whole setup later when you have a bigger budget.

I would also spend more than 70 on an amp... at least double that for anything halfway decent.

ebay is fine most of the times but if you ever have any issue, RMA is a pain in the ass.  

crutchfield gives pretty damn nice feeling of safety and comfort though. 

You can always put off on buying the amp and whole setup later when you have a bigger budget.

I would also spend more than 70 on an amp... at least double that for anything halfway decent.
Yeah, that's the only thing that worries me is if there are issues. I think I'll stick with Crutchfield

Also, I'm looking at the Taramps TS400x4 to run my components, but may step up to the TS800x4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.