Help me choose my setup!

If the convenience of having someone do it for you is worth that, then you should be happy. It really depends on the quality of work and how much you need the convenience to tell if $2500 is a rip off or appropriate. I tell people all the time that it may not be worth it for you to do things yourself. If your hourly rate is $$$$$/hr+ and something saves you your times worth in money it's not a bad purchase.

If you're bothered by not having OBDII readings, just buy a $20 bluetooth module off of amazon or ebay and use it with torque pro on your phone. If you REALLY want the functions you can sell your headunit and buy the upgrade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It was actually very helpful. I have 5 kids so finding time to run the all the wires and installing is time consuming for me lol.

As for quality of work, they did the install right. Fed all the wires through the firewall etc everything is hidden and clean. Only real complaint I have about the install is the idatalink obd module wasn't offered. I have a Bluetooth reader that hooks to my phone but being able to have it all at my finger tips through my headunit would have been nice. Also they did a really shitty job vaccuming the tips of the wires that were stripped. Had to clean that up myself. Other then that I am happy with the work they did and the sound system I have.. The JBL 10 inch Stadium subwoofer does a decent job but doesn't compare to my old set up with 2 12s obviously but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make to save space from the get go.

As for quality of work, they did the install right. Fed all the wires through the firewall etc everything is hidden and clean. Only real complaint I have about the install is the idatalink obd module wasn't offered. I have a Bluetooth reader that hooks to my phone but being able to have it all at my finger tips through my headunit would have been nice. Also they did a really shitty job vaccuming the tips of the wires that were stripped. Had to clean that up myself. Other then that I am happy with the work they did and the sound system I have.. The JBL 10 inch Stadium subwoofer does a decent job but doesn't compare to my old set up with 2 12s obviously but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make to save space from the get go.
Thats pretty typical of most shops. But with that being said, if you're paying a premium price, I'd only expect to find little pieces of wire in the most obscure crevices. Not out in the open like you're talking about. I expect that they charged you at least $80/hr

It wouldn't hurt to ask if they'd offer you some sort of upgrade only cost considering you'd like that functionality. 

Thats pretty typical of most shops. But with that being said, if you're paying a premium price, I'd only expect to find little pieces of wire in the most obscure crevices. Not out in the open like you're talking about. I expect that they charged you at least $80/hr

It wouldn't hurt to ask if they'd offer you some sort of upgrade only cost considering you'd like that functionality. 
Well I thought about asking this as when I went in there originally I had asked for it to be installed from the beginning but apparently the installers never heard....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.