Help me choose my setup!

Keith Longpre

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have two different installers trying to sell me on two different set ups.

Music is important to me but I'm not looking to have the best system. I do enjoy bass in my music as well as clarity in vocals. 

Here are the two setups being offer, there is a $1000 difference between the two options please tell me what you think is the best route to go...

Kenwood DDX-6906S Headunit

Audison SR5. Amp

Audison Prima/Voce. Speakers

Alpine type S. 10inch Subwoofer

3M Speaker foam deadening 

$4400

Or

PC165 focal speakers all around
JBL CP110 sub
Kenwood XR901-5 Amplifier
Kenwood DDX-6906S Headunit
$3400

Last edited by a moderator:
lets start over...

what vehicle? max budget? loud but sound good?  how much room for sub box (LxWxD)?

I drive a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek, the budget I was aiming for was between $3000-$4000(including an install) but there is room for a little play if the deal is right. I'm not looking for extensive bass but would still like to feel the vibrations in the music. I'm looking for compact as I still want some space in my hatch (father of 4 kids). I want something loud so I can sing along to the music but not have to go through the pain of hearing my own voice lol. 

You can beat those prices easily online even with being in Canada. Most shops don't have an issue with customers bringing in their own car audio stuff as long as you are using them for the install and of course maybe using their install kit of course. At least I know the shops around my area are like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
for decks, i like Alpine

speakers, Image Dynamics

subs, Fi

amps, Fosgate

depends on what you want, feature wise, for the deck

I drive a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek, the budget I was aiming for was between $3000-$4000(including an install) but there is room for a little play if the deal is right. I'm not looking for extensive bass but would still like to feel the vibrations in the music. I'm looking for compact as I still want some space in my hatch (father of 4 kids). I want something loud so I can sing along to the music but not have to go through the pain of hearing my own voice lol. 
Cant go wrong with an underseat Kicker 8" add on, or two for the feeling part. And Audison is some high end **** that they wanna make money off of, not actually serve your needs.

Speakers and amplifier/amplifiers - Arc Audio

Subwoofer - Image Dynamics Idmax Line

HU - Alpine

You could probably do that and have enough for a ps8 dsp depending on what speakers you buy. You could look online for an Arc Audio dealer in your area and see if they'll give you better prices than their online site (usually do). I just love Arc and ID products lol.

Head unit I would go for Pioneer DEH-80PRS a stage 3 head unit. Then maybe a Sundown Audio sub, I just installed a 10" SD-3 Dual 2 ohm that replaced a Rockford Fosgate P3D210 and the difference is night and day. Those SD-3's are built for sealed enclosures if you go to this thread below you email Miriam at the email address she has there in the post and she will get back to you within a few hours. They are refurbished but when I got mine it looks like it is brand new I couldn't be happier with the end result!

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/255762-refurbished-sub-woofers-%40-sundown-2019-a.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.