Help me choose mids

The Dayton RS has better parameters for IB (no enclosure) mounting, a higher X-max, and has a better cone material (aluminum > poly, IME) for transient response.

The only caveat, is that the RS is a little harder to crossover... there is a breakup peak in the highs, in all aluminum cone drivers, that poly won't have. If you don't feel up to custom-tuning a passive crossover (trap filters to notch out the peak, etc), then the TB will be easier to deal with, with out of the box crossovers...

Regards,

Gordon.

Just curious...why are you going to run 3-ways? I'm in the same spot but dont have the crossover to do it yet...

My vote goes to the Dayton reference though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

This would be a decent amplifier to run on what you have. I would spend a little more and get the 460.4 if you can swing the extra funds. Ive...
Sub should be in the cargo area for best results. I'm skeptical about those unknown brand Chinese head units myself and would stick to known...
I am upgrading standard door & dash speakers in a VW T5 camper (2005) using a plug and play upgrade bundle, continuing with the two-way setup...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...
Dammned good speakers. Just pass up the CL series,and you will be pleased with CDT speakers. I still enjoy all mine. Polk MM series and Infinity...

About this thread

FoxPro5

5,000+ posts
Causal wanderer
FoxPro5
3 octaves higher
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date