Help me choose from these 3 amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

2003 Hemi
10+ year member

Hello all,

I'm new around here, 1st time poster. I am putting together a system for my new 2003 Dodge Ram Quadcab Hemi Truck. I plan on putting a couple of subs under the rear seats and proably replacing the 6x9 in the front doors with 6.5 components. I plan to run all this off a single amp, not much room in the truck for 2 separate amps. The Jack is located under the passangers seat, so that only lives room for a single amp under my seat.

Anyways, I have being doing alot of lurking and reading different internet sites and I have come up with 2 amps that I think will do the job and fit under my seat. Which of the following amps best to handle this job??

Hifonics ZX 6400

Autotek Mean Machine MX-4500

I know they are bigger 4 channel amps out there with more power but they wont fit under my seat. I went to a local store to see if the HiFonics Olympus would fit but was just a lil to big. These 2 here are a bit smaller and still seem to provide decent power.

Any info you can provide me much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit - Elimenated the Phoenix Gold

I know some ppl here(limitkid7 and bumpin03?) have that Hifonics amp and they say it kicks ass.

Then again i've heard that those Mean Machines are really good as well.

Personally i wouldn't even consider that PG amp and remember their ratings for the Octanes are MAX and not RMS like most amps.

Originally posted by 2003 Hemi Anyone else help me out here with some info??
If the shape of the heatsinks are important, you might want to look into the JBL 80.4.. it's relatively square in shape...

Oh, (no one seems to do this much now) you can also make a bafle and mount your amp upside down on the roof of your cabin. Only problem is, you'll need to also a.) either switch on your air conditioner pretty much the whole time the system is playing or b.) figure out a way for a few fans to circulate air in there. Amps don't like to be mounted upside down, according to manufacturer's manual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.