Help me choose a sub please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silver Supra
10+ year member

NC
More than likely I am going to purchase a premade enclosure for my car because it works with my targa and I don't have the patience/skill to build one for myself... even if I did it would probably turn out like this.

Anyway - it is a sealed fiberglass enclosure with approx .85 ft^3 and holds a single 10" sub. Here's a link if you want to see it http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...4&cat=3&page=1

The maker sells JL and recommends the 10W3V3 or the 10W1V2 as they will fit however I'm wondering if I can do better. I am looking for SQ and have not decided on amp yet. I have 165 k2p's in the door running off a VRx 2.150 with a nak CD 700II head unit. I would like for it to blend well with the Focal's.

My limiting factor is the depth - it can't be any deeper than the JL's listed above which are listed with a mounting depth of 5.93 inches.

I listen to a little bit of everything (Tool, Mark Knopfler/dire straits, Audioslave, Danzig, Diana Krall, etc.) and want tight, smooth, low bass but have no desire to rattle windows. Any ideas?

TIA

Jim

My other option is to run 3 6"s which does have more surface area and will provide more of a stealth look. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

New Mag sounds like it'll be right up your alley, although the enclosure will be a bit small for it, not sure how much of a difference it'd make.

Kef

I put a stelth box with a 10w3 w/ 200watts in my wifes sequoia, and it sounds very nice, I would emagine in a smaller space and double the power it would be fairly impressive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.