help me build my alpine system

ndnbolla
10+ year member

Jigga what?
paradise
so i already have an alpine h/u...

so i want to get some alpine subs and amps.

here are the subs that i want to get: Alpine SWR-1221D

I am planning on gettin 2 of these.

As for the amp, I am not sure what type of amp to get. I was wondering if you guys could help me find an alpine amp that will be good enough for the subs I am getting.

Oh and I was also wondering what the diff. between 2ohms and 4ohms is?... and which one is better/louder/clearer.

hey slack, do pple hear the bass from ur type r's from about 50+ yards away. thats the kind of bass im lookin for and hope these can get the job done.

one more thing, is there anything that can be done to get rid of that horrible rattling. from the inside of the car its fine but its almost embarassing from the outside. the majority of the rattling i think is coming from the plate but im not sure. it is an old car (87 pontiac 6000) but still the rattling shouldnt be that bad right?

i just want everything to be the same brand. do u think the alpine amp would be worth it. i am having 2nd thoughts about it but what would u suggest as the ideal amp to supply the two type r's.

umm theres plenty of amps that run good on 4 or 2 ohm, and if the lisence plate rattles what i did was put silicone underneath then it stopped mostly, you could get the 2 ohm type R

then get a a8002t

» 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

» 400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

» 800 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

should work, but im sure some one else will beg to differ

then get a a8002t

» 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

» 400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

» 800 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

should work, but im sure some one else will beg to differ
I will....that Alpine amp is leaps and bounds better than Audiobahn. Not even a comparison. The Alpine is a better amp, hands down. Period. Sure, save a little change. But the downgrade in quality isn't even worth it.

Not everyone is 16 and lives in their mother's basement.

There is nothing wrong with paying 50 cents on the watt or even $1 a watt. I do not see any problem with someone trying to keep a system all the same brand whether it is JL, Alpine, or any other brand.

how about the hifonics 1000bx amp. i here this is a good sub for only around $200. should i go with this or spend that extra doh for the alpine-m1000. i am thinking long term so which is the better buy.

The Hifonics will be half the price but pretty much does the same thing. The new Alpines have some nice features and will probably run until the year 2050. I have the Hifonics 1000d right now and I'm impressed with it especially for the price. As far as long term I'd go with the Alpine. IMO

Do yourself a favour and get the MRD-M1000.It's a brilliant amp,has tons of features,will never cut out on you & you can fine tune ur woofers to the last bit!I've fitted 2 dual 2ohms in2 a Mk1 VW,check d pics on d foreign made cars section!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.