Help me build my $300+ front stage. Need expert advice

Jayh9797
10+ year member

Tx
Please help me build my front stage. Looking for SQ - clean crisp accurate and want to go active. Truck 2010 chevy silverado 2500hd. Need 6.5 and tweets. Budget around $300 could be a little more if needed. Should I buy 2way component set or mix and match drivers and tweets. I will be purchasing an amp to match my components best. I will also be dampening and deadening the doors. I already have SQ subs and amp for subs. I will be replacing the stock HU. Please help to many choices and I need help from the experts. Thanks

this is pretty good budget do you have an external speaker amp?
Seems he is matching amp to speakers, so speakers would come first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

HAT Imagines are beneath your budget and are pretty well accepted as budget SQ. Hertz HSK's can be found around that mark, as well. As far as raw drivers, what kind of depth can you fit for your 6.5 mid? What's your tweeter location/direction/axis?

HAT Imagine speakers are very nice, the online cost is $250. Right now I run mine passive but will switch to active soon. I like them, but they are the most expensive speakers I have heard. The sound is very neutral, a little more upfront but not too in your face. Can't complain about mid-range or highs. Midbass frequencies are robust, but could have a little better sensitivity. With one way xmax of 6mm and quite a bit more of throw, you can safely boost midbass eq without bottoming out these woofers though. There are many good sounding speakers for this price, I am sure you can find many good ones, but I picked these because the mids can play much higher (up to 5KHz or above) in the frequency range than most other speakers, hopefully giving more consistent imaging, at least in an active setup where mids are placed far away from tweeters.

Just the comps. I will be dropping some more $ on amp and HU. I am just putting the pieces together that I want then installing. I like a smooth sound, sometimes too sharp can get a little harsh to me, but not too smooth that it sounds flat. I will find out mounting depth today. My tweet placement is on the front windshield panels; there is a tweet enclosure currently built into for my stock system and i would like to use that Should I go 2way comp set or select separate mfgs for mids and tweets and get good active crossover

Just the comps. I will be dropping some more $ on amp and HU. I am just putting the pieces together that I want then installing. I like a smooth sound, sometimes too sharp can get a little harsh to me, but not too smooth that it sounds flat. I will find out mounting depth today. My tweet placement is on the front windshield panels; there is a tweet enclosure currently built into for my stock system and i would like to use that Should I go 2way comp set or select separate mfgs for mids and tweets and get good active crossover
depends on what 2 way sets youre considering. Alot of passive sets can be peaky around the xover point or lacking at the xover point. Active usually helps this, but your biggest deciding factor in your sound will be your install (tweeter placement and aiming, deadened and sealed doors, etc, see my sig) So your factory location may or may not be the best for your tweets (could lose detail or reflections could cause "harshness") , once u get the gear in, your ears will tell you. IMO, though, unless you've heard a passive comp set that sounded good to you then i'd go active unless ya wanna try and piece together your own passive network //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif Check parts express and madisound for raw drivers to use. Dayton is great for SQ without costing an arm and a leg. Vifa and peerless as well. HAT Imagines will work well too but much better active from what I've heard.

save 150 more and you can have a killer set..more importantly though I'd suggest using you funds to reinforce your doors and deaden your doors..
$150 more or save $150 less? What set do you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.