Help me Build a Music System of my Mustang 06 Coupe - Max $1000

Participant count
  • Participant list

munchy_cool
10+ year member

Hi Guys,

I am kinda basshead and the current system in the 06 is low on bass.

I need to put in a new music system, I am planning to put in the following:-

1. 2 Subs - 12' - would be 2 SKAR VVX 12D4

2. Head Unit with iPod compatibility - touch screen is a no no

3. Speakers and cross overs.

4. Mono Amp for the Subs

5. 4 channel amp for the speakers

6. Enclosure for the Subs , should fit the Mustang trunk without any hassles (e-mail sent to pro-rabbit, awaiting reply)

I want my subs to have low end thump.

Please help me build a system within $1000 including the wires and installation (if I need to get it done from somewhere).

Last edited by a moderator:
Knuconcepts for all your wires.

going to need a 15ft strand from bat to trunk. 2-3 feet for ground. probably less, over head is good.

2 (2 channel) RCA cables.

a bunch of tools to build a subwoofer box.

2 12" woofers, reccomend DAD KMH series, SKAR vvx, SA 12, AQ SDC 2.5,

for door speakers,

ID, HAT, rainbow, Diamond, cadence,

4 channel amp, buy someones US acoustics on here, a few just popped up, they are amazing sounding for the price. some of the lowest THD ive seen around..

for headunit..

idk, depends, your going to have to play with them on your own until you find one you like online or in stores.

never buy in stores, just play..

^^ Hi dude,

Thanks a lot for the information, but it would be great if you can hep me with some links for the stuff. This is my first car and will be my first audio setup for my car, so i am a n00b at all this and new to this. Also, i searched the net and there are some pre-made boxes out there , how are they?

Theyll do the job as a last resort... But I HIGHLY recommend you build your box so you can get it tuned to what you want AND give your subs the optimal airspace that they need. It's not all about the subs, the box is just as much a factor.

pre-mades are a little sketchy, some a decent.. but the problem is getting the correct tuning and box size.

ill shot you some links shortly

heres a few for subs right away:

Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer sa 12, probably can find used.

SSA Store - SKAR Audio VVX Sub woofer skar vvx can find used way cheaper on here..

DAD Subwoofers KMH series, you will have to call for pricing. probably around 175 for a 12 ea

Street Duty SDC2.5-12-D4 Subwoofer AQ SDC 2.5. probably the cheapest youll find new out of the bunch. will get loud.

amps:

find a dc audio dealer for a 1.2k

audioque 1200d on audioque site.

find a sundown saz 1000 on the SSA site.

many other 1000 rms area amplifiers on here.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/523706-usa-us-acoustics-2150-zed-audio.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/523489-us-acoustics-4085-4-chanel-sq-powerhouse.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/523593-zed-made-us-acoustics-usx-800f.html all of these are great for components.

WoofersEtc.com - MST212 - Ground Shaker 12" Dual Sealed for Ford Mustang

heres a box. but look at the price, as well its small. only giving 1 cubic feet of air per sub.

you want quite a bit more. sealed will be more sound quality, but less thumb. you will probably need to build a box thats ported, and correct for the subs,

Depending on what you buy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for all the links dude. I'll start reading now, just a small question, do you know anyone in Miami who can make the sub-box and do the installation for me.

The subs are finalized I guess - SKAR VVX 12 D4's - the one's above are D2's and I would prefer D4's. Also keeping in mind that I will buy all the stuff during thanksgiving I think I will get some discounts then.

Looking for a matching amp for these 2 monsters, any suggestions. Also sent an e-mail to pro-rabbit for the custom box, awaiting his reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.