Box build for Fi Bl 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This is just a quick box i made this afternoon to fit behind the seats of a mid 90's single cab Chevy 1500. The box is 2.0 cubes with 25 sq in of port tuned to 32 hz. It will be powered with about 750 watts, so we'll see if he needs a bigger amp or not, but this should be a pretty efficient box for his needs. "Terminals" are 2 5/16" bolts through the wood. Needed to have the spacer ring to get more mounting depth for the sub to fit. Here's a couple of pictures of it finished.

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

Thanks. And it will be left bare. This box will probably be tossed around, and the kid knows it, so he doesn't want to spend the extra money to have me finish it in carpet or bedliner/paint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I think you're gonna have to get good with fiberglass or something, or find someone with a 3d laser scanner that can 3d print or mold you some...
The tricky bit is that they're soft and floppy and they may be stretched a tad to go over the frames. I've used them in the past and come out...
In order to answer your question, I would need to know what model (e.g. SW4200, SW7524DVC). Also, are you looking to make a ported box or sealed?
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I got scared of the 4th being to much for a newbie but did end up building a box to 2.1 Cubic Foot tuned to...
Love this sub, hate AB's site, short on info for sure. American Bass XR-10D2 box recomend: If you want to tune a 2.75 Cu Ft box (for two of these...

About this thread

bigbud747

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bigbud747
Stillwater, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date