Help me build a good setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

4bannger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FLA
Well you may have seen my build log in the forum or maybe not but anyhow I'm putting a system in my single cab 1991 Toyota pickup and need some suggestions of good brands and options for the below listed things. Budget is about 1000

Subs: (don't wanna go above 10" because of clearance issues and also my Max mounting depth is only about 6" also would like to stick with 2 ohm.)

Sub amp: ( something that's 2 ohm stable)

Component/ door speakers: ( need 2 6 1/2" already have two brand new 4 1/2" kenwoods in the dash)

4 channel amp: ( not picky about this)

I know I have an idea of what I want in each section but as far as brands I know nothing about what's good. I'm not looking for top of the line or competition series. Just a good set up with heavy bass.

Also. Question about deadener. Yes or no and for cost is there something cheaper?

Last edited by a moderator:
HIT ME WITH A BUDGET NIKKA.

As for deadener I say yes 1000 times. start with the doors and do everything else when you can. Want to get the inside and outside panels and try to seal up the big holes in the door if you can. Audio Technix is my choice for deadener, but they all work about the same. Most of your deciding factor will be cost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.