HELP! Installing sub, what do i use if no rca output is there?

Shadow7874
10+ year member

Atl
My new clarion has a sub 1 and sub 2 output but not a left and right output. My kicker amp had a LR input but says it supports low leverl and high level inputs. Can i just plug in on of the sub outs to either the left or right input and have it work? Ive always ran it or a left and right output.

My new clarion has a sub 1 and sub 2 output but not a left and right output. My kicker amp had a LR input but says it supports low leverl and high level inputs. Can i just plug in on of the sub outs to either the left or right input and have it work? Ive always ran it or a left and right output.
Why even ask? Just hook it up.

Just hook up one of the sub outs to one of the inputs? They say left and right but will either work? I want to make sure its right as i wont be able to test it till later and id rather not pull out my dash again

So id have to split the sub out line into a left and right for the amp? Its a kicker 750.1(zx?) if that helps

and a clarion nx409

I just ran the rcas from both sub outs to the trunk and am about to run the power wire so i still havent had a chance to just try one and see if it works

Still not sure what all will work...

Got the rcas ran and power wire ran, just gotta remove my ground from my old car and mount it in the trunk then everything is ready to hook up. Will either finish tomorrow or thursday.

Whats the difference between lo input and high level input? Is it only the frequency or does low level use only one wire instead of the two?

low level is for RCA pre-out connections, high level is for speaker wire from HU to amp connections. it doesn't have anything to do with the frequency. I suggest using the low level, it keeps your install cleaner. you usually can run your RCA's and high level to regular speakers at the same time. at least I am with my HU.

if you have two sub outputs from your headunit then just hook them into your low level inputs on your amp. bass usually doesn't matter which side it's coming from, if you can, bridge your amp to have mono bass not stereo bass, it should increase your bass output if the music switches from left to right.

if you only have one sub output from your HU then get a Y adapter and hook that into your low level inputs on your amp.

My problem is that I don't know where the low level input it. The kicker manual says it supports low level input but the only input on the amp is labeled

left right input. Should I take the sub 1 output

and split it and plug it into the left and right? Or plug sub 1 and sub 2

into left and right? Or can I just use one sub and put

it into one side? Alot of stuff I have been liking at shows

sub wiring only having one signal wire running to it and the headunit looks to support that but the amp is what I'm unsure of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.