help help help! new to this and need to know if this is a good deal!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jordansuarez

okay so i have a freind who wants to sell me 2 jl w1 13.5' subs with a tma 250.1 amp and install it all for 150-180 bucks and they have a custom box. is this a good deal? and can just a 250 watt amp support both subs? please help and tell me what to do!!!

thanks!

also i dont know how well they work, he says they work fine and hes wiling to test them for me to show me before he installs them so i think everythings okay.

so is 150-180 for that a good deal or should i go with:

2 12' kickers with box and bass 1250 watt amp installed with 1 year warranty for 400?

which is the better deal???

Last edited by a moderator:
good deal as far as price as long as all equipment works. The amp will move the subs, but not really to their full potential. Theoretically thats about 125 per sub which is right at optimal zone for those subs, but they will take more and will need more power (and a custom box if not already in one) if you want to get them louder.

good deal as far as price as long as all equipment works. The amp will move the subs, but not really to their full potential. Theoretically thats about 125 per sub which is right at optimal zone for those subs, but they will take more and will need more power (and a custom box if not already in one) if you want to get them louder.
Optimal my azz, w1s are rated for 300wrms, I had a 12w1v2 and was pretty quiet till you were really beating on it. My amp's birthsheet was 534wrms for the ohm load it was wired at, after box rise it had to have been 400-450wrms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.