Loading issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

9515ROB
10+ year member

TEAM DTF
Sherman IL
I have my car walled with 8 10s. It seems the top passenger side and top middle subs have a loading issues because i keep breaking the joint where the cone attaches to the coil. It seems like it is the top passenger side one more than the middle but i replaced the middle one the other week and noticed it is starting to rip its self apart to.

How should i go about with fixing this without building a new baffle.

Here is a pic of my wall. It is before i had the port in so dont say its because i have no port

DSCN0469-1.jpg

i dont know about the loading issue other than the top of the box being on a slant causing wave interferance but as far as the neck joint. when u fix it heres the steps for an unbreakable joint

use 5k lbs pressure epoxy on the joint.

let dry

put a line of goop on the bottom of the neck joint (aka spider joint)

let dry 24 hours

put a line of goop on the top of the neck joint (aka cone attachment joint)

let dry 24 hours.

then recone the sub and i promise you wont be able to break that neck joint again. i have had about 10 blown subs and alllll of them were thermal none of my blown subs ever came from mechanical issues.

When you have that many subs in odd shaped boxes with a port so near some subs and so far away from others it causes loading problems. Its just the design of the enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.