help. hdc3 18 rattle noise?

^^ My boys HD cone just went recently and you can see the spiders stick through the surround on low notes and made it look like a crown. Here is a vid of what his looked like and it made the same sound Facebook

It got much worse today so I pulled it out. Still plays fine just makes a loud rattling sound. Very unattractive.
A video of the noise would help a lot. There can be several issues causing what your talking about. If it "comes from no where" odds are it is user error and you damaged the driver..which means you will need to recone it not just a dust cap.

A video of the noise would help a lot. There can be several issues causing what your talking about. If it "comes from no where" odds are it is user error and you damaged the driver..which means you will need to recone it not just a dust cap.
Well I certainly know how to set up an audio system correctly.I got this sub pretty much new but it was first owned by an idiot and he used it for like 2 days and didn't think it was loud but he had it in probably 3 cubes and had it in a spot that would cause a lot of noise cancellation. I took off the dustcaps and put it in the box and also free aired it at 20 hz and 28 hz.....no rattle now. Wtf? The dustcaps were solid but a crease did form on the top one which seemed to be out of nowhere

My HDC318 does the same thing. I was told the spiders are probably stretched and causes uneven travel through its full motion which results in coil rub.

mine also makes no noise when pushing on the cone.

One of mine does also thinking about a heavy duty recone because the cones are flimsy on these still sound good but at a certain tone it makes the same sound may be the box though on mine havent checked if one of my braces cane loose

send them in guys can make them louder and more durable!
This guy will be my first option (if I dont ever decide to get ballsy and try it myself) when I come across a good deal on some blown subs or if I ever blow up my own. Good prices and seems to be a stand up guy! Not to mention that I gotta support my local NY businesses ; )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.