help getting a box together..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kemist

PA/NYC
this is my situation. i usually lease a car every 2 years so i dont wanna get too crazy putting in a super box for the car. i own a 2007 nissan maxima with the bose package (crap). im not going to replace any of the door speakers, just add a amp and my subs to the current speakers in the car. im looking to get either 2 12's or just 1 12 depending on your guys response.

my first setup was 2 L7 12inch kickers with a us amp md-1d in a sealed box & a cap. or just getting memphis subs and a memphis amp and a cap.

im pretty new to this audio stuff so i came here looking for your guys opinions to futher make my decision. remember im just gonna keep dropping this setup in my future cars; like i said i lease so i just try and get the best audio package the car comes with and drop a good set of subs, im not into really really boomie bass i just like nice tight bass that im gonna feel. as far as brands i wanna stick with stuff thats known for good SQ bass..

i love JL audio stuff but to put 1 W7 in my trunk with a 1000 watt JL amp is pretty pricey.. any advice or criticism is cool im trying to read and learn.

thanks,

KEM"

update: my budget is about 1300.00 for the subs, box, amp & cap.. if you guys could tell me good places to get new stuff (no refurb). if u cant post them here just PM. any questions feel free to ask.

KEM"

thanks for the PM JDBuilder, im gonna keep your enclosure in mind, as far as anyone else do you have any other opinions??

KEM"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.