Help designing a box for a soundqubed 15"

bassinmytruck

I am pretty new to the whole box designing but im going to give it a shot.

My max trunk space in my hatchback ford freestyle is

H:20-24

W:40

D:16

Soundqubed recommends a 40 hz tuning, but what iv heard I want a lower tuning, maybe 32 to 35 ( I listen to rap and metal)

This is what I have come up with so far

View attachment 26549135

Does the port ratio look ok??

Any other help would be appreciated!!

Box Sizes and Tuning

It's completely beyond me why people insist on buying these woofers then not using manufacturer recommended applications.
I am?? I am making a 3.5 cubic foot box but changing the port size a bit. All of their tunings are tuned to 40 hz they are just giving you an easy measurement.

I was told that 40 hz woulnt sound good at all when playing rap and metal

4 - 4.25cubes net, 16^2 port per cube, tune 36-38Hz...will do all that you want. I listen to 90% rock/metal and never tune lower then 35Hz with AQ/SQ subs...

I am?? I am making a 3.5 cubic foot box but changing the port size a bit. All of their tunings are tuned to 40 hz they are just giving you an easy measurement.I was told that 40 hz woulnt sound good at all when playing rap and metal

Well, if you know better than the manufacturer what their product is designed for why are you asking the question here? Using about the lowest recommended box volume, skimping on port area and tuning 6 cycles below what it's intended for.

Really if you were set on 3.5 cube tuned to 35hz with smaller port area you should have shopped around for a woofer that was designed to perform optimally in that alignment instead of trying to make the SQ product do something for which it isn't intended.

I am?? I am making a 3.5 cubic foot box but changing the port size a bit. All of their tunings are tuned to 40 hz they are just giving you an easy measurement.I was told that 40 hz woulnt sound good at all when playing rap and metal

Well, if you know better than the manufacturer what their product is designed for why are you asking the question here? Using about the lowest recommended box volume, skimping on port area and tuning 6 cycles below what is intended.

Really if you were set on 3.5 cube tuned to 35hz with smaller port area you should have shopped around for a woofer that was designed to perform optimally in that alignment instead of trying to make the SQ product do something for which it isn't intended.

sub up port up. do. 37w x 24h x 16d with a 6"w x 14.5" h port 31" l should net u around 5cu after displacement with 18" port per cube at 35 Hz. if my math is right this will give u a awesome box for ur sq sub.

sub up port up. do. 37w x 24h x 16d with a 6"w x 14.5" h port 31" l should net u around 5cu after displacement with 18" port per cube at 35 Hz. if my math is right this will give u a awesome box for ur sq sub.
Thanks! you think 16 inch depth will be enough to bolt the 15" sub onto the box??

Well, if you know better than the manufacturer what their product is designed for why are you asking the question here? Using about the lowest recommended box volume, skimping on port area and tuning 6 cycles below what is intended.
Sorry if I am being stupid or something but this is my first box! So ur saying I cant change the port area? and 3.5 cubes isn't the lowest recommended box volume, 3 cubes is

yes it will fit its almost the same exact box i built for my hdd 15. 35.5w x26.5d x 16 h but i used 1" cabinet grade pine for mine .i figured on 3/4 mdf for urs as i didn't know which sq sub u were talking about and u can always add bracing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.