Help connecting amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

SonicRed

CarAudio.com Newbie
Working on a 2001 GMC Yukon XL (non-Bose model).

Speaker/Amp setup as

Head unit will he upgraded to Pioneer MVH200EX.

Four door speakers will he upgraded to 6.5” Kicker 43DSC6504 (60w RMS).

Factory woofer in the rear left panel will he upgraded to Kicker 43CWRT82 (300w RMS).

Factory amp will be replaced by Alpine GM-D9605 (5 channel) amp. RMS output at 4 Ω: 75W x 4 (A/B), 350W (SUB).

Amp also has an Auto Turn-on feature. When using a high voltage speaker level input, a signal sensing circuit will automatically turn the amp on and off along with the source unit. This prevents the need for running a system remote control wire (turn-on lead).

I know I have to run a positive cable to the battery, I’m thinking 6 gauge?

I’d like to power the four door speakers by the amp, along with sub. So I need to run 8 wires from the amp outputs to the dash, and splice those directly into the truck’s audio harness, correct?

Then 2 wires from sub outputs to subwoofer, correct?

How to connect the signal from head unit to the amp?

Also, here is the curve ball... I’d also like to connect another (powered) subwoofer up front underneath the console. The Rockville SS8P fits great.

How to splice this into the system?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Indeed it may not be challenging to you or anyone familiar with how this all works. I work on cars/motorcycles engines/mechanics, and have yet to really learn/master audio electronics like many here.

Any help would be appreciated.
I think if you splice into the radio harness from your amp output, you will be pumping power into the oem amplifier audio input. Your best bet is to run wires directly to the speakers. On a positive note, that harness is the perfect spot to get your audio signal from. Four sets of wires all the way to the amp. Since the amp has high level input, no other modification is needed. From those wires, the amp will get the signal it needs to play the bass notes for the sub channel. The amp should have a set of "output" rcas, that is where you plug rcas to send to that Rockville's audio input.
On another note, you would benefit from running a 4awg wire from the engine block to the truck chassis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.