HELP!! Connecting 2 Amps, 1 Sub and To Head Unit and Factory Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

RAZ

uk
Hi,

I'm new to posting and new to audio customisation. I've tried searching other posts but I'm confused!

KIT:

I have a 2001 BMW 318.

Sony CDX-GT35U Head Unit

Sony Xplod XM-222MK2 Amp (222w 2/1 Channel)

Pyle PLA485 Amp (600w - 2 Channel)

In Phase Sub

I've attached pictures to show the connections. I currently have no wiring. I would like to connect 1 amp to the sub and 1 amp to the factory fitted speakers but have no idea how to start or if possible.

Please help!

View attachment 26536931View attachment 26536932View attachment 26536933View attachment 26536934View attachment 26536935View attachment 26536936View attachment 26536937View attachment 26536938

get some heavy gauge wire to run to where your amps are and split it to each. run a long rca cable to the amps along with the remote turn on wire (all but the splitters come in a kit). get y splitters for the rca cable and run to each amp. you will need to turn on the LPF for the sub amp to sound right. as for the stock speakers, you can just use the amp for the back speakers and leave the old ones alone or you could cheat and use the existing speaker wire for the rear speakers as the wire for your front ones and reroute under the dash but thats not the best idea. the rest is up to you

looks like another option for wiring the 2 channel amp is to use the hi-volt inputs. just hook up the speaker outputs from the head unit to the special plugin on the amp with plain ol speaker wire then run more wire to the rest of the speakers. in my experience this doesnt sound as good as using rca cables

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.