Help needed connecting ALPINE swd-355

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maximilliam.Music

CarAudio.com Newbie
Disconnected my bass (Alpine swd-355) because I needed the cargo space. I should never have done that. Now I can't get it to work again. There are not many wires that have no "home". But all the combinations I have tried are not right. I am attaching pictures.

Picture 1 shows cables going in and out of the box (Where the amplifier is also located). The Amplifier is an Alpine MRV-M250.

Figure 2 shows cables connected so far. All wires to ground are where they have always been.

And Figure 3 shows the cables that I have no real idea where to connect them.

???

I have One thick red cable coming from the car-stereo. You can see the cable in the second picture. The thick brown cable next to it is ground. And the thin blue cable next to them is remote.

Then we have the thick blue cable coming out of the subwoofer (picture 1). That is Left/Right from the Amplifier.
That cable connects to the small "converter"-box and turns into a larger number of cables (shown in picture 3), mostly blue. One of the blue cbale connect by itself to ground. And then there is the brown cable(Nr.1 in Picture 3)?

I have some memory that you need to connect one of the loose cables in picture 3 to the thick red cable in picture 2?

???

Attachments

• in i lådan.JPG
    in i lådan.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 20
  • röd.JPG
    röd.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 20
  • sladdarna.JPG
    sladdarna.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have One thick red cable coming from the car-stereo. You can see the cable in the second picture. The thick brown cable next to it is ground. And the thin blue cable next to them is remote.

Then we have the thick blue cable coming out of the subwoofer (picture 1). That is Left/Right from the Amplifier.
That cable connects to the small "converter"-box and turns into a larger number of cables (shown in picture 3), mostly blue. One of the blue cbale connect by itself to ground. And then there is the brown cable(Nr.1 in Picture 3)?

I have some memory that you need to connect one of the loose cables in picture 3 to the thick red cable in picture 2?

Last edited:
That would be the Yellow wire from the LOC. It has to have constant 12v.
Use the color chart above to identify each wire on the LOC. I do not see Brown in the chart and I do not see Black on the LOC, so I assume they are one and the same.
Thank you for the help. Now I finally understood :) Bass working fine now :) Life back to music ;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...