Help buying new amp

damus

TX
So i blew the cheap amp i got. It just couldnt take the heat in the trunk, gets pretty hot in there here in texas especially with this heat wave, it was an mtx tn 250/1, i got it for cheap so im not to upset. I need a new one and have about a $150 budget, ive shopped around but there are just so many options its hard for me to pinpoint which would be the best. It will be powering the JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 and its going in the trunk of my '06 g35. Thanks in advance for any advice.

just because your trunk is hot, doesn't mean it will blow/stop working. i live in florida and its too hot to the touch from the heat but that doesnt stop it.

just because your trunk is hot, doesn't mean it will blow/stop working. i live in florida and its too hot to the touch from the heat but that doesnt stop it.
Since i had my system installed by pros as soon as it stopped working i took it in and they confirmed the problem was the amp. I was just assuming it was a combination of heat+gain at 80+3-5 hours of constant listening at 70% volume. Either way i need a new amp.

Got a kicker zx300.1 does 393 at 2 ohms that'll give you about 200 at 4 ohms.95 plus shipping. Other wise look for JL J2 500.1 if u wanna stick with JL.
See thats the kind of response i was lookin for. The JL J2 500.1 looks like a solid choice to me.

Jls new JX line is pretty solid too_Or lower Alpine lines. If ya wanna go new

The classifieds on this site are a good place to start tho honestly.
Yeah ive checked out the classifieds, but it seams alot of the stuff has too much power or is too used for my taste, what do you think about this JL Audio Slash v2 250/1v2. Almost seams like its made to power my JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3

Yeah ive checked out the classifieds, but it seams alot of the stuff has too much power or is too used for my taste, what do you think about this JL Audio Slash v2 250/1v2. Almost seams like its made to power my JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3
That also works but id go with something that does 500@2 ohms. That way you'll get your power now and also have headroom to add another of those subs.

Hey Damus!

I am in the process of getting the exact same question answered. The same setup even... in regards to the JL 8 in the proted box and the slash 250/1v2.. I am having issues deciding between that Slash and the XD300.. I have another thread started with some good info. Crutchfield has the Slash for $219 with free delivery.

Do you have the sub yet? Do you like the sounds? I heard it's awesome!

Search for my post on do it yourself mobile audio dot com... it's in there if you google search xd300 vs slash 250/1v2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.