Where to buy aq2200d?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowflyin
10+ year member

Sit on my face, B*tch
FU JOSE, PA
Finally going to build a real system. Aq hdc18 and an aq2200 to power it. I am unsure where to order these from though. I know you can directly from aq but I wasn't sure if there was another option that was cheaper new, buying used isnt out of the question though. For the sub I definitely want new though.

Also, know this isn't the section but it's going In a gmc sonoma and I think the stock alt is 105a. What kind of alt will I need for 2200 wAtts, and is the big 3 necessary is 1/0 since it's such short distances?

Thanks!

Zak

new... direct through AQ.

used.. you can find them on here about every other week for around 300... and you might want to look into used subs bro... can save you alot of money, and as long as you buy them from someone reputable on here, they'll be just as good as new.

as for your power upgrades, a 200 amp alt will easily hold it, with a LARGE batt up front, or a second helper in the rear... big 3 in 1/0 is def necessary

it works like any other online auction... just make sure the person your buying from has plenty of references, and is an established member, and you'll be good. the forum as a whole can easily put pressure on an established member to make things right, if something should go wrong.... brand new members tho, not so easy

Ya. Also, how much power can a hdc18 actually take. I know it's 1000rms and 2000 max but people run upwards of 2500w to them. How does that work? And is an aq2200 overkill for that sub? If so is there another choice that's better and won't kill the wallet

no... the aq2200 is actually a perfect match... running them above rated is really about putting them in the proper enclosure. mine will be seeing around 2k each when their done with them.

aluminum coils will stand up a lil bit better then copper... but even the copper will hold up to much more than rated... as long as their in the proper enclosure

airspace... they like 6 ft3 minimum... tuning is really more preference... you can have them in a 50 hz burp box, or in a lower 30 hz daily... just a preference thing... i have mine tuned to 33 hz

Ya I had 2 ****** cvrs in 10.4ft^3 at 31 and that seemed like a good tuning. Nice and low. I guess I'll just look around here for a used sub and amp then

Figured that was a dumb question lol and my womans pap has a woodshop with everything you could possibly need so I'll def have a nice box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lowflyin

10+ year member
Sit on my face, B*tch
Lowflyin
FU JOSE, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date