Help! Amplifier External Fuse were Blown and after changing, led comes on but no sound.


Sheikhy

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 4, 2020
8
1
Manchester
Help!!
I've fitted some speakers in wall inside my home.
Everything was working perfect but my old man decided to do some safety checks with a mains tester screwdriver just incase if my youngest crawled upto the amp and touched anything. He shorted something in the process and the two external fuses were blown. I've changed them and the lights came back on but there is no sound. Hooked the speakers upto a old amp I had and sound works so speakers are fine.

Would appreciate if anyone could guide me to fixing this if possible.

Thanks
 

Attachments

OP
S

Sheikhy

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 4, 2020
8
1
Manchester
How are you powering the amp? Why use a car amp in house? You may have fried it if put AC power to i instead of 12v dc
Thanks for the reply mate.
Theyre powered up using a computer Psu, I think the powering part is fine as its getting the 12v an I've got a similar setup in another room that has been running for 2 years now.
The old man said he was touching all metal parts at the back of the amp with a tester screwdriver to see if there's any chance of getting a electric shock if anyone touched it with Bare hands :/
There was a spark as he was doing that and it and it all turned off.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.


Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)



Trending topics

Latest classifieds