Help/Advise on component speakers around $100

lovephil
10+ year member

Hello,

1. I need your help guys. I am in the process of replacing my factory speakers on my mitsubish montero sport. It seems that i need to spend at least 100 dollars to purchase a descent comp speakers for the front doors. What do you guys suggest?? please help I am just overwhlemed by varieties available.

2. I purchased coaxial(polk bd651) for the rears. is component in the front and coaxial in the back ok?

i want to spend least as possible. Thank you so much for you help guys.

ps. should i just install the polk DB651 in the front and add really cheap speakers in the back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Components in front and coaxials in the back would be a good idea. You can try the polk in front for now and see how you like it and if you feel that they're ok, then just go with them. Also, if you run comps, you need an amp to power them and it doesn't seem that you have one.

For budget component I think only the PG RSDs come to mind as a good budget set, best bang for the buck.

Components in front and coaxials in the back would be a good idea. You can try the polk in front for now and see how you like it and if you feel that they're ok, then just go with them. Also, if you run comps, you need an amp to power them and it doesn't seem that you have one.
For budget component I think only the PG RSDs come to mind as a good budget set, best bang for the buck.
If i run comps, i need an amp?

u dont need them, but u wont notice a huge upgrade without an amp. amp will really make them shine, and the amps wont be expensive. u can get a little amp from like 50rms each channel to 100rms each channel

what amp do you suggest? i don't want to spend too much time or the money.

however, i agree that amps will be a great addition to drive the sound to the comp speakers.

u dont need them, but u wont notice a huge upgrade without an amp. amp will really make them shine, and the amps wont be expensive. u can get a little amp from like 50rms each channel to 100rms each channel
If I add the amp, does that mean i would have to wire the entire car? that's what the guy from crutch told me, that i would have to re wire the entire car. i am really a noob...sorry if my questions are really elementary.

for components get the RSD65s that were suggested, great for the money... great midbass and I wouldn't say they're harsh, bright a little but not ear piercing or anything like that

You would have to run a positive cable from the battery in your car to the amp's location.

You will have to run a ground wire from the amp to the chassis of your car.

Your going to have to run a set of RCA cables from the Head Unit/ CD Player to the amp

and your also going to have to run a remote wire from the Head Unit/ CD player to the amp.

After all that is done your going to have to run speaker wire from the amp to the cross overs

for the components.

1 RCA output as in 1 left plug and 1 right plug?

There is a left and a right on the amp, a set of RCA cables consists of 2 wires and 4 plugs. 1 plug at each end of each wire which makes 2 plugs per end.

2 plug into the back of the HU, 1 in the left hole and the other in the right hole. And then match them up at the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.