Morel Tempo 6 Review

AznrMix88
10+ year member

Texas
I noticed a lot of interest on here and just wanted to share my experience after replacing my Hertz HSK165 with these. I am not an expert nor do I claim to be, this is just the differences I experienced in my car.

2000 Acura Integra GSR

Gear: Alpine 9885, ARC KS 300.4, Morel Tempo 6.

Right off the bat I noticed that the Midbass was more full and able to hit the lower notes where my HSK lacked. I have them crossed at about 60hz and they are begging to go lower. I put the volume to 20 and enjoyed the detailed tweeter which wasn't harsh at all.. Usually around volume 18 the HSKs would bother me a tad and I'd have to back off. The Tempos' tweeter and mid-bass blend together well and have a very natural sound. Appearance wise, they aren't eye candy by any means, but that didn't matter to me since it would be behind the door and away from sight. I would suggest running them with a minimum of 100wrms-200wrms.. Obviously headroom is nice but they seem to like what I am giving them right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am completely satisfied with my UPGRADE from the HSK165 and recommend it for anyone looking for a nice budget component set. I am happy with my more detailed tweeter, more full and responsive midbass, and an overall more blended component set.

Hope this helps some of you guys looking for components out there!

Pictures (Late and blurry but better than nothing I guess)

CIMG3510.jpg

CIMG3511.jpg

CIMG3508.jpg

I actually helped him put these in etc... He just wanted a basic setup.. Nothing too extreme like deadening or deflex pads etc etc.. Just something temporary until he went all out and we are both EXTREMELY happy with the results as always!

nice, I was considering the hsk's but made my mind up on the morels a few weeks ago. Good to hear though, just another reason to grab a set

Is there anything special about the mids in this set? Boy these really seem to be the boner lately...
I like them. They claim to drop to 40 hz which I will test when the door is properly deadened and sealed. For now, they definitely drop lower than anything I've thrown in there and give great output with the power I am giving them. I don't give 2 shits about forum boners. Whats good is good and this set is legit.

Apparently you like boners too Mr. ID OEM mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I see you mistook my post for one of facetiousness...I simply meant are these a SOTA type driver, ie., something from the top end of Morel's lineup? High xmax, low distortion design with shorting rings, etc. I wasn't dogging them at all, just too lazy to research the midwoofer. Sorry. BTW I got my OEMs after I blew my CTX mids because they were dirt cheap and I am swapping them out to Mpyres tomorrow, and have sold the OEMs. I hope I am not making a mistake. I was asking about the mids in your set because I was kind of interested in trying them.

Nah, I was just poking fun back thats all =P.. Nothing personal.. These are Morel's entry level component set. Don't let that fool you though, they are amazing..

After a couple days of driving (I drive a lot to and from school), the speakers have broken in and really filled up the car with nice midbass... It just seems like they are putting out more now than when I first installed them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.