Help a new guy

04tahoe

TN
What's up everybody new to the site got a couple questions. Probably basic to you guys. Ok my setup is 2 alpine swr-12d4 and have two amps to choose cuz I already own them. 1st alpine mrx-m240 2400 RMS 2 ohm, 1500 4 ohm, 1000 1 ohm. 2nd hifonics brx2000.1 2000 RMS 1 ohm, 1400 2 ohm, 700 4 ohm. Which would be the best wiring amp setup. Box is just a prefab ported 32 hz I believe.

1st setup

Wired to 1 ohm on brx2000.1 (2000 rms from my uderstanding) had to crank gain almost all the way to hit even close to capabilities.

2nd setup

Wired to 1 ohm on mrx-m240( 1000 rms****) set gain halfway (marked norm on amp) hit harddddd!!!

3 rd setup

Wired to 4 ohm on mrx-m240( chagend it because amp rated 1500 4 ohm×1) gain left alone didn't hit as hard!!! This stumped me set gain with multimeter had to turn it up to reach 1500 RMS and still didn't seem to hit as hard as 2nd setup.

Now that all that has been said what am I missing? Need suggestions and advice

What's up everybody new to the site got a couple questions. Probably basic to you guys. Ok my setup is 2 alpine swr-12d4 and have two amps to choose cuz I already own them. 1st alpine mrx-m240 2400 RMS 2 ohm, 1500 4 ohm, 1000 1 ohm. 2nd hifonics brx2000.1 2000 RMS 1 ohm, 1400 2 ohm, 700 4 ohm. Which would be the best wiring amp setup. Box is just a prefab ported 32 hz I believe.
1st setup

Wired to 1 ohm on brx2000.1 (2000 rms from my uderstanding) had to crank gain almost all the way to hit even close to capabilities.

2nd setup

Wired to 1 ohm on mrx-m240( 1000 rms****) set gain halfway (marked norm on amp) hit harddddd!!!

3 rd setup

Wired to 4 ohm on mrx-m240( chagend it because amp rated 1500 4 ohm×1) gain left alone didn't hit as hard!!! This stumped me set gain with multimeter had to turn it up to reach 1500 RMS and still didn't seem to hit as hard as 2nd setup.

Now that all that has been said what am I missing? Need suggestions and advice
I think you got the rms ratings the othe way around.... the lower the ohms the more power the amp gives. So stick to the 1 ohm setup. Wire the subs parralel to 1ohm final load.

the hardest hitting one would be the obvious choice... How's the heat? Make sure you check the heat of both subs and amp along with monitoring voltages the amp sees via volt meter hooked straight to the amp. If its below 12 volts, lower the sub level a bit. If its hot, lower them. If its cold then you have a bit more to go. If its slightly warm even after 30 mins of play then thats your sweet spot.

Right now I'm sticking with the alpine wired to 1 ohm. And on the ratings going by every site I've seen the alpine is 2400 rms 2 ohm 1500 4 ohm and 1000 1 ohm. I don't understand why it drops at 1 ohm but that's the ratings lol.

As far as heat wired to 1 ohm the alpine gets a Lil warm but not hot.

I want to run the Brutus 2000.1 but I don't understand why I'm having to crank it up all the way and the alpine hits harder at half.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Also quick question? Wired series parallel on the alpine 1000 RMS are both sub's getting 1000 or is the load split to 500 each

Ok found the answer to my last question.

Still wondering if anybody had any idea why I would have to crank gain all the way up on the brx2000.1 but the alpine hits hard half gain an half the watt of the brx

Ok found the answer to my last question. Still wondering if anybody had any idea why I would have to crank gain all the way up on the brx2000.1 but the alpine hits hard half gain an half the watt of the brx

simple your brutus goes from 9 volts to .2 volts. Your alpine goes from 5 volts to .2 volts

meaning the hifonics needs either a much stronger pre-out voltage signal or very high gain settings to actually put out. Usually want to max out sub level, head unit volume at 80% then set gains afterwards if you dont want to be maxed out on gains. This maximizes your head unit pre-out voltage signal output.

Basically your current head unit settings, you arent even seeing more than 1 volt of pre-out voltage out of your head unit right now.

Thanks so much jeffdachef!! My head unit is pioneer fh-x700bt specs say 2 volt preouts so that makes sense now. I actually hooked the Brutus before I left work and set it with dmm but had to take it back out gonna have to install another battery before it can go back in was almost killing lights lol sticking with the alpine for now

Thanks so much jeffdachef!! My head unit is pioneer fh-x700bt specs say 2 volt preouts so that makes sense now. I actually hooked the Brutus before I left work and set it with dmm but had to take it back out gonna have to install another battery before it can go back in was almost killing lights lol sticking with the alpine for now
The alpine is in every way superior and cleaner/higher power output than the brutus can ever dream of. I woud not bother with the brutus, sell it and focus that cash on something else and never look back at it.

So maxing out the sub level won't cause clipping? Just adding bass from equalizer?
maxing out the sub level is how you actually get your proper subwoofer pre-out voltage.

Just dont touch any EQ bands related to bass aka under 80hz. Dont touch loudness or bass boost either. Head unit volume must be very high up as well. like 52-55 out of 62

Ok thanks man you've really helped me out. Only reason I was still considering the Brutus is cuz the alpine will only push 1000 rms at 1 ohm the Brutus pushes 2000rms at 1.

One more thing the alpine specs everywhere I've found say

2400x1 2ohm

1000x1 1 ohm

1500x1 4 ohm

Does this make any sense to you cuz it really doesn't me if this is true then I should be able to wire to 4 ohms for 500 more watts right? Just don't understand why it drops when u drop to 1

Ok thanks man you've really helped me out. Only reason I was still considering the Brutus is cuz the alpine will only push 1000 rms at 1 ohm the Brutus pushes 2000rms at 1.
One more thing the alpine specs everywhere I've found say

2400x1 2ohm

1000x1 1 ohm

1500x1 4 ohm

Does this make any sense to you cuz it really doesn't me if this is true then I should be able to wire to 4 ohms for 500 more watts right? Just don't understand why it drops when u drop to 1

It's because as you lower the resistance you increase the current, the parts inside the amp may not be able to handle the higher current at 1Ω. 1000W@1Ω is double the current of 1000W@4Ω.

Ok thanks vaiboy. So I should be able to wire my sub's to 4 ohm which is 1500 RMS so 500 more watts right? And that would draw less current on my system but be more power?

And by the way you guys are awesome!! I went to my local car audio shop an the guy doesn't ever wanna help asked him to check my gains an see if I was setting them right an he didn't have time but spent 20 mins asking me about my setup before I left but wouldn't come outside look at it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.