Help a new guy

Ok thanks man you've really helped me out. Only reason I was still considering the Brutus is cuz the alpine will only push 1000 rms at 1 ohm the Brutus pushes 2000rms at 1.
One more thing the alpine specs everywhere I've found say

2400x1 2ohm

1000x1 1 ohm

1500x1 4 ohm

Does this make any sense to you cuz it really doesn't me if this is true then I should be able to wire to 4 ohms for 500 more watts right? Just don't understand why it drops when u drop to 1

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
I'm baffled why it produces more wattage at 2 ohms than 1 ohm.

If you have to have a 3 inch coil fi has the x series I would go sundown if I were you.
I already have 2 alpine R's d4 and 2 amps so why go with sundown when I have a decent setup now

Still have a question unanswered. My alpine is 1500 4 ohm vs 1000 1 ohm yes it actually is but the 4 ohm setup would pull less current on my alt and still be more power correct

Yup. But you wanna give that sub(s) solid power too. As you may already know this. Even if your electrical wasn't up to par, you can manage that by keeping the volume low.

What's the amp model #?

Alpine is the alpine mrx-m240

Also have hifonics brx2000.1

I have the big 3 in 1/0 and 1/0 run to distribution block then 8 in of 4 gauge to amp setup this way so I can add a 4 channel for my doors just need components for front already have food coax to put in rear

Still need to add another battery if I ever plan on running the hifonics it pulled the lights hard but its also prob original alternator which I'll be replacing soon with a higher output

Ok thanks man you've really helped me out. Only reason I was still considering the Brutus is cuz the alpine will only push 1000 rms at 1 ohm the Brutus pushes 2000rms at 1.
One more thing the alpine specs everywhere I've found say

2400x1 2ohm

1000x1 1 ohm

1500x1 4 ohm

Does this make any sense to you cuz it really doesn't me if this is true then I should be able to wire to 4 ohms for 500 more watts right? Just don't understand why it drops when u drop to 1

https://www.alpine-europe.com/fileadmin/user_upload/manuals//car_audio_manuals/MRX-M240/OM_MRX-M240_EN.pdf

My advice would be to sell both amps and buy a better amp. For advice which amp you should get these guys on this forum know their ****. Check the classified section aswell.

The alpine amp is aparently a very eficient amplifier compared to the hifonics so thats why the hifonics was dimming your lights.

You should post a vid on here or youtube on your system. Copy the link in.

Update:

I rewired to 4 ohms on the alpine so 1500 RMS maxxed my sub level an reset my gain. They are hitting hard nothings getting hot and I m loving it!!

Kenyan I'll try to get a video later today. Its a mess right now just thrown together an need to build a box have them inverted in a prefab ported box for now. Its all coming out to clean everything up, build a box, and move amp under seat.

Update: I rewired to 4 ohms on the alpine so 1500 RMS maxxed my sub level an reset my gain. They are hitting hard nothings getting hot and I m loving it!!

Kenyan I'll try to get a video later today. Its a mess right now just thrown together an need to build a box have them inverted in a prefab ported box for now. Its all coming out to clean everything up, build a box, and move amp under seat.

Thats Quality power with proper settings for you. Brx2000.1 is not a true 2k. More like 1.2 k or 1.5k with awesome 14.8 volt electricals

Thats Quality power with proper settings for you
Thanks for all the help man. Now I just have to build a new box an I'll be real happy. Recommended is 1.7ft³ each sub so I'm thinking 3.5 ft³ tuned to 33-34hz running 1500 watts that sound about right to u

Ok thanks again. Kind of on my own around here shops won't give advice they just want to charge an do it for you and none of my buddies are that into bass anymore. This forum and you guys have helped alot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.