Help! 2 Batteries or one big one?

Participant count
  • Participants list

PapiChulo

Hello! i have an 03 civic coupe and a Crescendo BC2000D on all stock electrical. Stock Battery and Stock alternator.. I have done the big 3 and i am very close to putting it all together but the questions is.. Should i replace the front battery with a good ~100ah battery or stick with the same front battery and get another back battery??... I don not plan on using capacitors so dont reccommend that lol thanks in advance!

run 2 of the same batteries is whats best
a more cost effective solution?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Unless you have fab skill you are not getting 100AH up there. Different batts are fine if you isolate them.
What do you mean by isolating and sorry not to good with electrical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Unless you have fab skill you are not getting 100AH up there. Different batts are fine if you isolate them.
whats the use of that? you will only have one battery for the amp if you isolate them.

Can anybody answer the initial answer please?
if your looking for cost effective just buy a battery for the back. 2 batteries will be better then one.but then again if your front batt is no good it's just going to drain the back battery. then if you upgrade the front battery you still wont get the power to the amp that well. im messing with a 2k amp and on a burp it drops my C&D battery down to 10.5 volt's and only getting around 1300 watts from it.

so its all up to you and your wallet.

whats the use of that? you will only have one battery for the amp if you isolate them.

if your looking for cost effective just buy a battery for the back. 2 batteries will be better then one.but then again if your front batt is no good it's just going to drain the back battery. then if you upgrade the front battery you still wont get the power to the amp that well. im messing with a 2k amp and on a burp it drops my C&D battery down to 10.5 volt's and only getting around 1300 watts from it.

so its all up to you and your wallet.
Oh wow but for now would it be acceptable to add a second battery until i get a new alternator and a new front bat?

Can anybody answer the initial answer please?
I don't think the other guy knows what a isolator is.

You put it inline with the power wire between the batteries. It will allow power to flow when the car is on but when you turn it off it will separate the batteries so the larger rear battery does not pull all the juice out of the starting battery.

I don't think the other guy knows what a isolator is. You put it inline with the power wire between the batteries. It will allow power to flow when the car is on but when you turn it off it will separate the batteries so the larger rear battery does not pull all the juice out of the starting battery.
I know what it is just never messed with one. guess you learn something new everyday

but here is a nice read about it and how batteries will drain each other.

How to Wire a Battery Isolator

Battery isolators have a whole new set of problems. If you play with the car off and that back battery is drained, when you start the car up your front battery is going to get RAPED and shorten its lifespan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.