Headunit problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

brooksi
10+ year member

ok heres the deal i have a JVC KDSH 9750 which i bought last september and put it in my old car and i just got a 2003 oldsmobile alero and i went to put it in and it doesnt turn on it worked perfect in my old car. today i bought an alpine CDA-9827 brand new and i went to install it into my alero and it doesnt turn on, i have the right harness and my wiring i am positive is correct, the fuses are fine can somebody help me out, what are some things that could be my problem?

In newer GMs, including your Alero, it's necessary to find a separate switched power connection. The red wire in the harness won't work.

The common practice is to go to the fuse box and tap into a fuse position that has power only when the key is on.

I own a 1986 Ford Torino GT 302 Fastback. And Im trying to wire and install a Sony Xpold CD player # CDX-M800. Im looking for wiring kits for my car. can anyone help me?

thanks,

DJ J-P

so are u saying i have wire both of the red wires to a fuse in my fuse box?
Both? You should have only one red wire coming from your new head unit. That wire needs to be connected to a switched power source, and the fuse box is probably the easiest place to find one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.