Head units with good audio signal

DazzMW

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mars
How can I tell what head units have a good audio signal? There are so many units out there and some have horrible signals and some good but is there a way find out which provide a good signal?
Starting my buget sq build soon and I'm stuck on what head unit to get. I want a dbl din with a good signal and tripple pre-outs. I'll be using a 3sixty3 processor also. Budget about $500 for head unit.

My old build I used a Kenwood single din KMM-BT305 which has a pretty good signal but I want a double din and a better signal if possible.

Pretty much anything in production with 4V or greater pre-out voltage in the 350$ and up price range that isn't some gutter brand like Boss should be fine. Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer are all trustworthy, I think JVC is basically just re-badged Kenwood.... just stay a couple few tiers above their entry level.

That said, if you need DSP, and time alignment and similar in the HU you're going to have a very short list in double DIN.

for $500 u can get a joying double din 13" android head unit with 6gb ram 128gb rom dsp with 32 equalizer, triple pre out, optical out and digital coaxial out. the rca outs dont have much voltage but the optical and digital coaxial blow any rca outta the water
+

With 500 dollars you can do a lot better then a Chinese Joying Unit. Kenwood has some nice options under 500 dollars and is whole hell of a lot better then some Chinese Joying Unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.