Hdc318 lower notes?

you guysdont understand the acoustical compliance..

to much power area is a bad thing

the woofer should do fine in 6 to 6.5 tned to 35 with 80IN^2 of port..

the more port area you have the narrow the passband of the port is and then the woofers displacement is responsible for the output.

i doubt is cancallation.. it could be something simple like the subsonic is set to high..

ok. see my box is 5.6 after port. its a pretty good size port being 6 x 17tall.(cant remeber how deep)... but anyway

na i didnt keep reading lol. i was just curious. i seen that and thought i would ask.

OP.... listen to rabbit... he knows what he is talking about...

The AQ's can work well in a sub 6 cubed box, but ALOT of it has to do with box design, port placement, port mach, and even your vehicle type... if you can fit a 6+ box in your ride, do it... much easier to get your subs at the "happy spot" we all look for

I'm currently running a single 18 out of the trunk, 6cubes net, tuned to 35Hz and I play down to 29Hz no problem. If the sub is new and still very stiff the lows will get better as the suspension loosens up.

x2 on checking the SSF

My other AQ set up does a 56+ @ 30Hz, so AQ's can get low, but they are not low end monsters like some other subs out there...

Subsonic is something I didn't check but I set it at 25 when I put it all in. And Im either selling everything or getting another 18 so I'll just wait on a box I suppose

you guysdont understand the acoustical compliance..to much power area is a bad thing

the woofer should do fine in 6 to 6.5 tned to 35 with 80IN^2 of port..

the more port area you have the narrow the passband of the port is and then the woofers displacement is responsible for the output.

i doubt is cancallation.. it could be something simple like the subsonic is set to high..
Oh I understand it plenty, I've also used more DD and AQ then you could dream of Experiance>theory

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.