Hdc318 lower notes?

Lowflyin
10+ year member

Sit on my face, B*tch
FU JOSE, PA
Before I bought this mofo. I read a lot on it and everyone and their dads second cousin said it " kills the lows" . Now I'm not sure if it's my box (5.5 @ 34hz) or what but anything below ~33 isn't too much. It honestly feels like my 2 Cvr 15s hit lower. So uh what can I doV

You can build a new enclosure. 5.5 is far to small for that 18. Minimum I have ever used was 6ft3, but in honesty they like even larger then that.

I had planned on 6 but went to keep it below the window line. Mast said he had used then in as small as 5.25 I believe and said it was good so I based it off that. Plus I have ~2500 watts to it

I had planned on 6 but went to keep it below the window line. Mast said he had used then in as small as 5.25 I believe and said it was good so I based it off that. Plus I have ~2500 watts to it
It is hard to base anything audio related off of other's builds.

AQ's love large enclosures. Sorry but no way around that what so ever.

well if its tuned to 34, should be hittin lows great. weird.
Just because one he says that is where it is tuned does not mean it is actually accurate. two, if it is how the enclosure is actually design and built will affect the response curve. three, sub/port placement play a roll in the response curve as well. four, the enclosure is small and that affects the curve as well.

mast also has a clamshell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif little different than a standard ported box

I have my 18 in a little more than 5.25 cubes and it hits lows just fine.. hits even the 25hz notes pretty **** hard. I bought the box with the sub though, so couldn't tell you what its tuned to. But there is a lot of variables as to why you can't get the lows that much. What kind of vehicle is it in?

I have my 18 in a little more than 5.25 cubes and it hits lows just fine.. hits even the 25hz notes pretty **** hard. I bought the box with the sub though, so couldn't tell you what its tuned to. But there is a lot of variables as to why you can't get the lows that much. What kind of vehicle is it in?
He has a blazer.

As for your application if you increase the volume of the enclosure and port area yet tune it correctly it will increase in output lol. I'm not saying that can not perform "ok" at best in smaller enclosure, but you are not getting the most out of your purchase at all do to that restriction.

It is at 34hz. 34.5 to be exact. And has 90 sq inches of port. Have enough wood for another box so maybe I'll try around 6.5-7 cubic ft with 100+ port and see. Thanks

AQs are meh.

If you really want to try to get some lower notes, try for either a different sub that will do the job better, or build a different box. Id probably shoot for 7.5-8 cubes @ 25-28hz. Dont go huge on a port. You want a relatively small port if youre trying to play low. Id shoot for around 90in^ of port with a box that size.

no reason it's not getting low..

it should go down to 25hz

I've used the hdc15 in 3.5 tuned to 32 and the lowend was excellent..

check the sub sonic, move the box around..

how did you build the box?

you might try 6.5 tuned to 35 with 80in^2of port..

to much port area is a bad thing..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.