WTF is happening?!

DjDan101
10+ year member

I didn't know where to post this cause I don't know what the problem is! So my ground wire came off and when I touched it back it sparked, obviously, and my amp started smoking. So i replaced the amp with one I saw playing on a sub in a different car and it worked fine so I hooked it in my car and the subs barely hit. So I hooked it back to the sub I saw it on in the other car but in my car and it still barely hits. WTF?! I have a capacitor and I thought that may be the problem so I connected the wires directly but it's still weak. Can anyone help me?

According to the Capacitor I think it was at like 13 but I didn't even think to look. I got another hotwire with a fuse in it should I switch them?

Battery just got replaced like 2 weeks ago, ground is the same as it was when it was working, and wouldn't a blown fuse make it stop completely?

No fuses can be partialy blown or just come completely out even though they are in their holder and look to be in I would pop the fuse check it and put it back in.

I looked at the one on the hotwire and it seems to be in tact and like I said I put in a new amp and nothing has happened to it. If it's partially popped would it still look normal?

seeing as how you aren't very thorough on this I assume you just thought you could throw the amp in your car and it would play the same. It's called tuning your amp. You need to set the gains to your input voltage. Also make sure the sub is wired in the same load.

I didn't know where to post this cause I don't know what the problem is! So my ground wire came off and when I touched it back it sparked, obviously, and my amp started smoking. So i replaced the amp with one I saw playing on a sub in a different car and it worked fine so I hooked it in my car and the subs barely hit. So I hooked it back to the sub I saw it on in the other car but in my car and it still barely hits. WTF?! I have a capacitor and I thought that may be the problem so I connected the wires directly but it's still weak. Can anyone help me?
Is the amp you threw in the same model amp as the first one? Maybe it's a weaker amp?

I swapped it for a Pioneer that puts out I believe a little over 300 watts wired parallel. But like I said I heard the sub in the other guys car then just put it in mine but now it's alot quieter. Even with the volume up. I switched the fuses but it still isn't working right. And I know pioneer is not a great brand and whatnot but I know it should be louder cause I've seen it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DjDan101

10+ year member
DjDan101
Lawton, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from