hdc312 + aq2200d good match?

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I can't find too much info on the 2200d, but this is the setup i'm looking at. I've heard various number for the aq2200, but anyone know how many watts i'll be looking at at 2 ohms? I'm planning on getting a dual 1 ohm hdc312 and wiring parallel for 2 ohms at the amp. I've heard they're underrated, but i'm looking for specific numbers (or an approximation) if anybody knows.

The sub's guna be in a 2.5^3 box tuned to 36hz.

As a side note, i'm new to car electronics. I have no idea if this will put too much strain on my electrical system. I actually dont' have a car yet..lol but I'm planning on having one very soon. I'm working on getting a total for all my audio, so i'm wanting to know if i'm going to need a new alternator and/or battery. Prospective car is a 99 accord lx 4cyl. If anybody happens to know if this car will need an electronics upgrade off hand, please let me know. I'm assuming it will.

I'm also going to be running an AP1000 profile amp + PGrsd's, so that may add some more as well.

So yea, first post here with alot of questions, tried to ask only the stuff I couldnt' find in a search : )

Thanks.

You really should beef up your electrical somewhat if you're planning on running those amps. A high output alternator would be the best bet, but if you don't have the fund's then just upgrading the battery under the hood, doing the big 3, running 1/0 to the back, or even a additional battery in the trunk would be good too. Me personally, I would get the HDC312 and run the 2200@1ohm and just be cautious with the gains. The woofer should be able to handle the power as long as it's a good clean signal.

The copper coiled (forgot to mention this) hdc3 will be able to handle that much?

I'm liking the idea of running it at 1 ohm, but maybe with the smaller amp? That way my it'd be easier on my electrical. I just wasnt' sure whehter the amp would like seeing 1 ohm daily.

i will be getting my AQ2200 in on monday ill let you know how it does with my current eletrical....105 alt, deka 9a31 and big 3 with all 1/0 wire

Okay i'm leaning towards the aq1200d at 1 ohm with a hdc312 dual 2. I've heard the 1200d is putting out around 1400watts, dont know if there's any fact in that though. More specifically, I can't find anybody running an hdc3 off of it.

It would save me alot of money in that i'd probably be able to get away with stock electrical as well.

If anybody has any other suggestions amp wise, feel free to throw it out there. I'm mostly interested in the aq stuff because it's cheap.

Buy the 2200 and run it @1ohm. Your sub will thank you for it. 1/0 power wire and a extra battery and your good to go. Set your gains correctly (no clipping) and adjust the level on the amp with the handy level control supplied with it. AQ actually recomends this amp for the HD series woofer. I have 4 of the 2200's and I am setting them up to run on my DD9515's.

Hmm...

I realize the 2200 WILL be better.

I'm trying to be open minded about this, but going in to college in a few months so i'm trying to spend the least possible.

Will it really be worth probably around 400$ (? guesstimate) more for the amp and battery/wire?

I would definetely prefer the 2200 to the 1200, but after stepping in to reality I dont think I can afford it. I know how "power hungry" the hdc series is though, so at this point I'm going to have to do a little thinking.

I guess i'm like most other people...trying to find a good setup that's loud but cheap.

Hmm...
I realize the 2200 WILL be better.

I'm trying to be open minded about this, but going in to college in a few months so i'm trying to spend the least possible.

Will it really be worth probably around 400$ (? guesstimate) more for the amp and battery/wire?

I would definetely prefer the 2200 to the 1200, but after stepping in to reality I dont think I can afford it. I know how "power hungry" the hdc series is though, so at this point I'm going to have to do a little thinking.

I guess i'm like most other people...trying to find a good setup that's loud but cheap.
$140 more for a bigger amp, and the wire needs to be bought anyway. I believe in doing it right the 1st time. Skimp here and there and the good products you bought sound like flee market junk. $800 for a good amp and a matching sub with wire is a no brainer.

The HDC3 w/ the copper coil will enjoy the AQ1200 for what it is. Dj has told me that even with the 2200, the copper coil would still be the best bet. As a college student myself, I personally took nearly $2k worth of equipt. to realize that the best performance in car audio comes w/ a solid electrical system powering it. I would def. look into beefing up your electrical system first, within your budget of course, and THEN deciding on equiptment. You can never have too strong of an electrical system IMO lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.