Hdc 18 Box

ok so i did some reseaching if i tuned it to 37.041012069068 would that be good for the hdc 18?? and also i acn only get 5.776 cubes to work with someone want to help me a little bit?

i dont know if this will apply to the hdc 18 but i know the difference from 5.5 cubes to 7.5 cubes and 3hz lower tuning was pretty **** crazy for both lows and highs on a 18" bl. i wouldnt put 18's in anything smaller than 7 cubes just from that experience alone.

i dont know if this will apply to the hdc 18 but i know the difference from 5.5 cubes to 7.5 cubes and 3hz lower tuning was pretty **** crazy for both lows and highs on a 18" bl. i wouldnt put 18's in anything smaller than 7 cubes just from that experience alone.
Depends on what subs you're using, what they work best in, and what you're wanting out of them...

well 7.5 is a little big HUGE for a punny little cavalier unless i wall it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ill be using the HDC 18 and im just looking for good from both worlds but i will be doing some competing locally

Try it at 6 than, AQs like smaller than normal subs.....than you can tune lower with that and make up to get better controlled lows

I had my 12 HDC in 2.5 and around 40hz, it smashed the lows but box was too big and it didnt like the power i had for it hehe

Good luck

Depends on what subs you're using, what they work best in, and what you're wanting out of them...
what more could you want out of them? i said i have great lows and highs? isnt that what people want?

yes it depends on the subs. but much like most 15's which ive found that like 4 cubes, im sure most other 18's will reactly similarily.

people also claim the hdc can smash the lows at a 40hz tuning and 4 cubes...my 15" sure as hell didnt. it isnt a miracle woofer, its just another woofer we've found on ca.com with small different properities but still fitting within a certain range for each size

well since im going to attempt to build the box myself i guess as long as 6 cubes wont choke the **** out of it ill see what it does where should i tune it at the way i got the diagram now its going to be tuned at 36.3313440735503

yes it depends on the subs. but much like most 15's which ive found that like 4 cubes, im sure most other 18's will reactly similarily.
Just depends on the subs...for example, my 15" TC-3k HATED the 4ft^3 box I was using. Had pretty noticable group delay and good response above 50-55hz was really lacking(not to mention just bad transient response in general).

Dropped the box size down to 3ft^3 and there was a huge difference.

Another example is how the MJ-18's work great in 4.5ft^3 tuned in the low 30's.

Just depends on the subs...for example, my 15" TC-3k HATED the 4ft^3 box I was using. Had pretty noticable group delay and good response above 50-55hz was really lacking(not to mention just bad transient response in general).
Dropped the box size down to 3ft^3 and there was a huge difference.

Another example is how the MJ-18's work great in 4.5ft^3 tuned in the low 30's.
ha, i knew i should of put that one down. i was thining about all the tc woofers. yes there are some subs that are truly unique, but i havnet used them. IME, 15's get about 3.75 to 4.25 and 18's get 7-8 (with the woofers ive used...which are almost all internet woofer based companies). seems to be a good mix.

ha, i knew i should of put that one down. i was thining about all the tc woofers. yes there are some subs that are truly unique, but i havnet used them. IME, 15's get about 3.75 to 4.25 and 18's get 7-8. seems to be a good mix.
Yeah, it's definitely not a bad rule of thumb. It really just comes down to noticing little things that the average person wouldn't notice(like the group delay and lack of transient response with the TC), and if you really feel like making a new box to fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.