HC312 and AQ2200 isn't loud

[quote name='RangerDanger']ANY sub will go bye bye if it is clipped to death... I wasnt trying to single out aq bro.[/QUOTE]
@mazdakid Rangers gotta hell of a point lol

Also i know my title doesnt imply it but i dont just mean loud. I mean without turning gain to 100% and bass boost at 50%+ I cant get the sub to move enough to be loud. At a normal setting the sub responds in a way that i would expect it to if I had 600-800 rms to it. When I turn the amp up way to far the sub responds as if it has about 1500- 2000 rms to it, but i shouldnt have to have it up this far. If I dont it doesnt clip so no damage should be done and any clipping it creates is only very minor, not continuous clipping.,

It sounds like the coils are out of phase. It will still read correctly on your dmm but will have very little output. try swapping the wire on one coil.

I personally had a AQ HDC3 12 and i have tried many diffrent boxes. In my opinion the box you are using is to small. I have mine in a 3.9 Cubed box with a 8 inch aero tuned to 34hz and only being pushed with 1800 rms and its very very loud. I hit a 147.2 with it. I dont know exactly how much space you have but if you can make the box bigger then i believe your problem will be solved.

check your rca cables. a cable with one bad wire could cause the same problem. to test it adjust the balance side to side. if it goes silent, then you know whats happening.

RCA's r good I changed them out already with monster cables this time.

What do you mean by check the wiring on the coils as it could be out of phase. When i wired it I put + and + together to the amp + and - and - together to the amp - ... is there something different???

Bigger box would be nice but that was it on space for me. It might get a little louder with a bigger box but it mostly seems to me that the amp isnt drivng the sub hard enough. Even in a slighly smaller box the sub will still move it just wont be as loud.

You might not wanna turn your decks volume up all the way your probably distorting already. Set Gain right like RangerDanger said or you will have big problems and unless your rich it will **** lol

ranger. thats what i did

philly- please elaborate on how i can damage a speaker that isnt receiving its rms voltage with an amp that isnt putting out to much voltage or current that isnt clipping. the amp nor the coils get hot....

Some times they are miss labeled and it might actually be +to- causing one coil to push as the other pulls it will still read correctly on a dmm but not have a lot of output

RCA's r good I changed them out already with monster cables this time.
What do you mean by check the wiring on the coils as it could be out of phase. When i wired it I put + and + together to the amp + and - and - together to the amp - ... is there something different???

Bigger box would be nice but that was it on space for me. It might get a little louder with a bigger box but it mostly seems to me that the amp isnt drivng the sub hard enough. Even in a slighly smaller box the sub will still move it just wont be as loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.