HC312 and AQ2200 isn't loud

So i recently installed a HDC312 and an AQ2200 and the problem is it snit very loud, at least not what I would expect. To give you a little background I have some experience doing installs but nothing major. I built the box. Its 2.2cuft slot port at 36Hz. The sub sounds ok and can get loud so i don't think its with the sub or box. I think my problem lies in the amp but i could be wrong. heres what I have found. Oh and my head unit is the Scion SNS200. I guess it could be the head unit but its a $2000 unit and is bran new so idk. 120amp alternator, stock battery, big 3 done. Sub is a D2 wired in paralleled. DMM shows load at .08 at the amp less +.01 resistance of the dmm. So .09ohm load +rise. I tried the test below with test tones but music has the same problem.
****With these setting the system wont power the amp or sub to distortion. DMM showed 12.8v at the amp during test****

-high and low filtered turn as far down as possible so neither is interfering with

-bass boost off

-the gain turned 3/4 of the way up

-the sub preamps on the head unit are at max (+6)

-volume on head unit at 100%

****With these setting the system starts to get louder but wont distort the amp or sub. DMM showed 12.6v at the amp during the test****

-high and low filtered turn as far down as possible so neither is interfering with

-bass boost off

-the gain turned 100% of the way up

-volume on head unit at 100%

****With these settings I am able to push the amp to clipping (barley) DMM showed 12.1v at amp****

-bass boost 60%

-the gain turned 80% of the way up

-volume on head unit at 95-10%

So I dont know at this point. You shouldnt have to use base boost when running this amp at this load. Its like everything is all the way up to make it half way loud. Also note that the sub never reaches full excursion when the amp is at full tilt. Sub is rated at 1000rms 2000peak and amp is 2200 at 14.4v so i would guess 1900-2000 at 12.1 to 12.8.

Thanks all for any advice
what is you lpf and ssf set at?

how can i tell them apart? is there a way to test for + and -
Pop test with a 9v batt. Pushes out is in phase, s ucks in is out of phase. I've had a 2200 pushing a SS xxx and it slammed so its not the amp, those are some good powerful amps bro.

It is set to master I checked that. Its not a setting problem I have installed a few systems and understand how and y to set each setting

Both low and high filters are as far down/up respectively

“so much fail itt”
…. What do you mean by this

My vote is for a poorly sealed box or you don’t have the electrical to support the amp
… I don’t know a great deal about electrical but seems to me that adding say 2 new batteries with a full charge wouldn’t allow me to turn bass boost off and gain half way down and get the same output…
…. Sealed box….
I already mentioned the box is sealed great. This isnt the problem. Pretend for a moment that I took the sub out of the box, set it on the floor and tried to make it move… the amp isnt putting out the power.
I’ll try the pop test with the 9v. Not saying the AQ amps aren’t great just wondering if I might have got a bad one.

Could a bad ground cause this? I was thinking it wasn’t the ground because I can get a large amount of current to move though it (with settings to high)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.