has anyone tried these speaker?? need opinions

paz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im in need of some 4 inch speakers
I have an amp for them.
At the moment i just have some cheap 25wat rms jvc speakers but wanting something better

I like the
Polk db402 45watt rms speakers
But i can seem to get them anywhere at the moment..
But I can get
Jl audio c2400x 35watt rms speakers
Alpine s-s40 45watt rms speakers

Has anyone heard these speakers playing or can recommend the best one??
Or should i wait till the polks come in stock?

Im in need of some 4 inch speakers
I have an amp for them.
At the moment i just have some cheap 25wat rms jvc speakers but wanting something better

I like the
Polk db402 45watt rms speakers
But i can seem to get them anywhere at the moment..
But I can get
Jl audio c2400x 35watt rms speakers
Alpine s-s40 45watt rms speakers

Has anyone heard these speakers playing or can recommend the best one??
Or should i wait till the polks come in stock?
Polk make good speakers. I had 2 - 8" subs in a 2007 Mustang, and I was very satisfied with them.

Thanks for all the help,
Ive looked at the ones you mentioned they look good but none in stock in Australia and its going to cost me to much to get it from the states,
Because of this coronavirus all australian suppliers dont no when stock will arrive.
But i can get jl audio c2-400x 35watts rms for 130$ aud any one have opinions on jl speakers? ? Are they any good?? Thats about all i can get at moment

Thanks for all the help,
Ive looked at the ones you mentioned they look good but none in stock in Australia and its going to cost me to much to get it from the states,
Because of this coronavirus all australian suppliers dont no when stock will arrive.
But i can get jl audio c2-400x 35watts rms for 130$ aud any one have opinions on jl speakers? ? Are they any good?? Thats about all i can get at moment
JL audio is known for quality. I have just recently started using this brand even though friends of mine have used them for years. And I admitted long ago that their products sound really good but were always out of my price range. Now I hunt for used equipment and loving it. So my opinion is, go with the JL.

Alpine s-s40 45watt RMS speakers works great for mids and highs not so much for bass, sound quality is great when tuned correctly, I ran them off an alpine cde-hd149bt and set high pass filter to 125 Hz it really cleaned up the sound.

Whats everyones thoughts on the infinity ref4032cfx speakers?
Sorry about all questions just trying to get the best speakers i can and being happy with them
I just can't make up my mind but also cant listen to any of them
The infinity ref4032cfx
Jl audio c2-400x
Polk db402 (out of stock everywhere)
They are all in my price range
Just wanting good overall performance good bass well as much as i can from 4 inch speakers lol
Good clarity and they will be amped, so which every is best amped

Last edited:
Whats everyones thoughts on the infinity ref4032cfx speakers?
Sorry about all questions just trying to get the best speakers i can and being happy with them
I just can't make up my mind but also cant listen to any of them
The infinity ref4032cfx
Jl audio c2-400x
Polk db402 (out of stock everywhere)
They are all in my price range
Just wanting good overall performance good bass well as much as i can from 4 inch speakers lol
Good clarity and they will be amped, so which every is best amped
Get the one with the highest sensitivity rating.

Jl c2s have sensitivity of 84.5db and 71-22000 frequently
3/4 silk tweeter
Infinity have sensitivity of 92db and75-21000,
Textile balanced tweeter
the infinities are going to be way louder than the JLs, like night and day.

JL speakers are below mediocre with high dollar pricing. I'd stay away, they ****, only their C7 and ZR series are halfway decent (if you can get it at used prices) otherwise many other speakers totally destroy JL in terms of raw performance.

the infinities are going to be way louder than the JLs, like night and day.

JL speakers are below mediocre with high dollar pricing. I'd stay away, they ****, only their C7 and ZR series are halfway decent (if you can get it at used prices) otherwise many other speakers totally destroy JL in terms of raw performance.
Ok thanks heaps, looks like ill give the infinitys ago and amp them.
Thanks for the help :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.