Kinetik power whole car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradfordpoole
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have an 06 Sierra and recently bought a Kinetik hc800. I only draw about 800 watts from my amp to my sub and its ran with 1/0 to distro and 4awg to amp with a 250 ANL fuse. Can this battery power the whole truck or will I have to do a dual batt setup?

36 ah seems pretty small for a starting battery, and I can't find any mention of Kinetic's CA/CCA.

There are people running 2x the power with minimal electrical system mods.

If your alt is 100A or more and the HC800 will start the engine it SHOULD be adequate as a main battery, but I would talk to Kinetic first.

I talked to Kinetik and they said the lowest amp battery to use while powering a whole care is the HC1400. If I run a dual battery setup and wire it parallel (+ to+, - to -) and fuse the positive and then do the big 3 on the Kinetik would I be good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.