has any one worked on a 05 GTO??

i have installed 2-3 headunit. and a few dub din in dashes.... had no problems...

got to drive one 20 sum miles on the freeway... very powerfull.. went from 80 - 100+mph it a neck snapping few sec...

i have installed 2-3 headunit. and a few dub din in dashes.... had no problems...got to drive one 20 sum miles on the freeway... very powerfull.. went from 80 - 100+mph it a neck snapping few sec...
That is where the GTOs shine, they aren't much out of the whole but they have a pretty wicked top end. I've driven a few, I loved the interior on them almost picked one up but not enough monies at the time...(or now even).

B/c i did today and it BLOWS BIG DONKEY BALLS!!!
wtf its the worst design for a radio cavity EVER!

its a double din and the wire harness snaps into the back of the DD cage along with the ant. well i had to install a Sat. Radio ( sportster 5-> tits BTW)

i had to hard wire the FM mod to the ant. and it user VW ant? but w.e

there is 0 room between the back of the radio and the back of the cage...its hard to explain but think of it has parking your car in your garage and backing right up against the back wall...

well if any of you have worked on this car you will most likly agree...if not then you have no idea

but the customer let me drive it...WOAH:eek: LS2 has major power!
I had the 04 for some time and they aren't mobile media friendly. I replaced the entire radio, but the only kit available when I did didn't quite match the dash in finish. I had to basically sand the texture and roughness from the kit and put some clear matte finish to get it acceptably match. I don't understand the radio cage myself and why they felt it necessary.

thats the truth...
hes nothing but a BSer any way... theres no way he hit 140Mph... its an american car... that means its governed to under 112mph...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif at your BS story...
Wrong. I had mine up to 132. They are governed at 155.

thats the truth...
hes nothing but a BSer any way... theres no way he hit 140Mph... its an american car... that means its governed to under 112mph...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif at your BS story...
Yea ur wrong, my brother owns one and the shut off is 162 on the car, so u think american cars shut off at a 112? Guess u think that for the corvette to? Anyways car isnt made in america anyways its australian built.

1)American cars do not have a speed limiter. And speedometers in Civilian vehicles tend be off by 5-10%, which isn't much at lower speeds, but over 100 the error can be over 10mph.

(wrong about american cars having limiters) accepted

2)its a percentage. 5-10% of 100 is 5-10 mph. 5-10% of 10 mph is only .5 -1 mph.

->60mph would mean either 2-6MPH off or on

80mph stated would really be 4-8mph higher or lower.

3)The error exists because then each speedometer would cost a lot more to produce if it was accurate within say 1-2% rather than 5-10%. It doesn't HAVE to be extremely accurate for a street car anyway since most people are only SUPPOSED to be going 75-80 MPH tops.

...and yes the second thing you said is correct. That's why if you ever get pulled over going

4)because a brand new tire is taller than a used, worn out tire.. also because a few psi will deform a tire more/less, and because tire designs are inherantly different. a speedo has to have an amount of error unless you're driving on 100% the EXACT tire that the speedo was originally calibrated on, in perfect conditions, at that exact psi.

5)A digital speedometer is as accurate as the tire circumference at any speed, which is probably a fraction of a percent for the correct tire. An analog speedometer is an absolute crapshoot. The speedometer on my 86 MR2 was accurate to a few percent when the weather was cool, but in the summer it indicated about 10% high at all speeds. The replacement speedo did exactly the same thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.